Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems like they've kind of dropped the pattern they had going with the reruns lately, and are basically just playing any random episode from any random season on any given day right now, so it seems to be a gamble anymore what you'll be seeing that day: the good, the bad, or the ugly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like PBS has a new pattern in airing reruns: one good episode one day a week (usually Monday), and bad episodes for the rest of the week.

But aside from that, I read the most hilarious YouTube comment today: someone commented about how dramatic D.W. always is, and said if she's that bad now, imagine what she'll be like as a teenager and has her periods. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Will and I had a bit of a conversation on this a long time ago, but I think it's in need of it's own thread...

n (who gets held back in KINDERGARTEN) because of emotional issues?
Umm............ I got held back in Kindergarten. But Kindergarten here is Pre-1-A in the U.S.
It wasn't becuase I was stupid, I got into a lot of fights those days so I got sent home a lot. And by the end of the year I wasn't there enough for them to pass me, ..... so I got held back in Kindergaten. (Just trying to prove you can be held back in Kindergarten too.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I said it before, but I don't like weird revelations that wind up ruining a character for me. I don't like Ned Flanders being in his 60's, I HATE the whole "real Principal Skinner" revelation in the Simpsons (the undo at the end of the episode was lazy)... there are other examples... mostly Simpsons, a couple Family Guy ones, and this thing about Brain.

While it does address a needed topic, I really don't like that it happened to Brain. Even though it was purely emotional, it seemed very out of character.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Arthur-Travel-Adventures/16578

An eight-episode compilation with six good episodes and two bad ones. Not sure if they warrant a purchase though, probably not... most episodes are still on YouTube, posted by various different members, and if they get pulled, someone else will re-post them eventually... I'd much rather wait till they release season sets, starting at the beginning, which I kind of doubt will happen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
An eight-episode compilation with six good episodes and two bad ones. Not sure if they warrant a purchase though, probably not... most episodes are still on YouTube, posted by various different members, and if they get pulled, someone else will re-post them eventually... I'd much rather wait till they release season sets, starting at the beginning, which I kind of doubt will happen.
Here's what bugs the crap out of me... we got a 10 episode compilation of the HIDEOUS Postcards From Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue Buster for like 5 bucks. So, Cookie Jar (animation production company) is not to blame there. Of course, Cookie Jar puts a LOT of it's shows out on budget DVD's... even ones owned by DIC they got in the merger. So it has to be either PBS or Marc Brown's copyright (most likely PBS) holding out for multiple episodes on budget disks/season sets.

That said, I found out the show's on hulu... but ONLY available from Hulu Plus?!? That's complete bull.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of which, I noticed there's now a Cookie Jar logo on the show where the Cinar logo used to be... when did that happen, what happened to Cinar, and what is this Cookie Jar company?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Speaking of which, I noticed there's now a Cookie Jar logo on the show where the Cinar logo used to be... when did that happen, what happened to Cinar, and what is this Cookie Jar company?
Cinar was involved in some tax evasion scandal, and were re-branded as Cookie Jar a few years later.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, and it also merged with/bought out DIC... which, I'm none too happy about, but they are releasing some of their old shows on DVD. Inspector Gadget's license is still being squandered on Fox, but we're going to get a rerelease of the first half of the first season of Heathcliff. Which is good, because one of my disks is damaged and skipping on an episode.

Now if they can only release Ulysees 31....