Arrested Development

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, has anyone been watching the new episodes on Netflix?

The whole "one giant story told from different perspectives" is a neat idea, though it does get a tad confusing at times. But I do like seeing some things set up that pay off in other episodes, and I'm not fully done with the season, so there's still a couple of things I noticed that have yet to be explained.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I have watched the first 5 episodes of the new season. I'm trying to space them out so I have something to look forward to. I'm enjoying the new episodes, though there is definitely a different feel with how things are set up and the lack of a full cast in each episode.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Finally! Another fan of the show here!

I've been loving the fact that the Bluths are back, and the story from each perspective is great. I love how it all ties together.
Although, I miss having the characters all on-screen at the same time. I love how they play off each other, and sometimes, that's what makes them funny. It kinda feels like a 7.5 hour episode, when you think about it.

But, I don't think this should have been a series of episodes, this should've been a two-hour special or something. That would probably work best.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I've seen the whole season. Following one character around for 30 minutes can and does get a little tedious at times. I wish they would have assembled the episodes in the traditional AD style rather than these individual character studies. You almost have to watch all 8 hours at once to fully enjoy the season. It's still wonderful. The license plate gag has to be one of the best ever!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be great to have them release this on home video, so those who don't want to pay for a Netflix subscription can watch them on a not computer... but I doubt they will.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There is very little in this world that is cheaper or easier than Netflix. :wisdom:

I believe Netflix still offers a one month free trial of unlimited streaming. After that it's $7.99 a month with the option to cancel any time. Not only can you watch the entire 4th season of Arrested Development, you can see the entire series! Unlimited means just that. There's no catch. If you have the caffeine and insanity to watch 730 straight hours of television in a month, it's all yours for the taking! :crazy:

In fact, there are countless TV series available and not just the usual garbage you'd expect. Of course they don't have everything in their streaming service due to other competing services and their DVD option costs two-bucks extra, but they do stream classics like X-Files and Steven Spielberg's Amazing Stories and current series like Bones and Breaking Bad. Classic Doctor Who, new Doctor Who, ParaNorman, Captain America, 30 Rock and so much good stuff. Henson had a lot of media available to stream for a while . This included the entire series of Fraggle Rock before this recent box set release and Disney recently penned an exclusive deal with them for the next few years. We might have to wait a few months for the Muppet Movie Blu-ray, but you can stream the film right now on Netflix! :cool:

Some users may have to watch through their computers. Those with the appropriate home entertainment systems can watch their service through their televisions. People with smart phones, tablets and other devices can stream through those too. The amount of media you could either see for free or for $8 in one month is incredible. Maybe it's not perfect for everyone. We can't always have things "our way" like at Burger King, but this is pretty darn close. I hate to sound like an advertisement, but I just don't see much need to complain. It used to be prohibitively expensive or downright impossible to see some of this media. Now they're practically giving it away. /rant :smile:

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I'm still only on episode 6. My wife and I have been on more of a Doctor Who kick. We just finished series 4.

I've enjoyed the 6 episodes so far. They each have had a few laugh-out-loud moments.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is very little in this world that is cheaper or easier than Netflix. :wisdom:

I believe Netflix still offers a one month free trial of unlimited streaming. After that it's $7.99 a month with the option to cancel any time. Not only can you watch the entire 4th season of Arrested Development, you can see the entire series! Unlimited means just that. There's no catch. If you have the caffeine and insanity to watch 730 straight hours of television in a month, it's all yours for the taking! :crazy:
I cannot be on the computer 24/7, and I actually dislike watching stuff in the uncomfortable computer chair I have. While it's not a matter of not wanting Netflix (I'm really thinking about it, ditto hulu plus), it's more of a matter of wanting a physical, collectible copy I can watch before I go to bed in bed, so I can relax. Had I a lap top, I wouldn't quite have such a problem.

I only really use the computer to watch things I miss, and stuff not so legally that's on cable. I'd no doubt buy a subscription to Netfilx, but half the time I'm about to watch something, I never get around to it. Then my eyes burn from looking at the screen all day, and I have to sit down somewhere else.