Arms length puppets

Show and Tell

Reaction score
OK Great! I wasn't apposed to having to wait like the rest of you. I just was a bit nervous that maybe he wasn't in business any longer and I didn't wish to get my hopes up if he wasn't still making kits. Thanks for the update I should be ordering at least the video in about a week. I'm wondering if I would really need the kits if I have the video. I mean I plan to make my own style of puppets. I just want to learn how he makes them so I can learn to make quality. It's the way you all have made these puppets with virtually no visible seams at all. No darts. Nothing! And I've got to believe you all came up with most of your information from many different sources all piled together, took that and made your own creations. Thats what I'm after. I could see spending $250 on a kit if I wanted an Armslength puppet but.....
Foam Book video series and book should be on order next week as well. Someone make a puppet builder out of me!

Jinx

Reaction score
I Got My Kit Today!

I just got home (9:45 pm) and on my doorstep was the Arm's Length kit. Of course I immediately opened it and gave a quick look-over to everything in it. This is definitely WOW caliber stuff!

A complete set of patterns for the kit I chose, a detailed set of instructions, photo illustrated (albeit photocopied), all of the fleece pieces, precut, all of the foam pieces, precut, and a bag of other items ie. mouthplates, chamois for hand grips, eyes, doll-joints, etc.etc.etc and two videos, which I will probably watch tonight in lieu of sleeping!

I can tell that this is going to be a long, difficult process to build this kit, but that's what I was looking for. A real challenge to build a GREAT puppet!

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
jinx, you lucky dog!!!! I can only hope this means one is flying on it's way to me right now.......WHY MUST I WAIT....WHY???!?!?!?!!? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
Hey Trent!!!!

It wont let me email you privately from the forum as you have that option turned off, so If you want the email address I have for David Pannabecker then email me privately and I'll send it you...

alternatively why not try putting up a message at dpuppets forum
http://www.dpuppets.com/Puppet Talk/_disc17/0000002b.htm
this is a link to a message David posted on this Saturday 7th Feb.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
lol, you guys crack me up! :excited:

Congrats on getting your kit Jinx! Have fun! :zany:

trooper_trent

Reaction score
I got my kit yesterday too!! I have already begun construction on it. I have assembled the foam body and head and made the mouth plate!
My kit was missing a couple of pieces but they are easily substituted.
Ill take some pics of the progress and post them later.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
HOOORAAYYY!!!!!! Ya'll got em! ordering mine this week then since I can tell this is great stuff! Thanks for the updates

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
STOP RUBBING IT IN YOU GUYS......I HAVE NOTHING IN THE MAIL EXCEPT BILLS!!!!!!! :sympathy:

DPuppets

Reaction score
That is a picture of it. It is not a good. I will post you some of it and the raven and rocks he did for a dessert theatre he did at his church. Give me a few days to go through my pictures.