Are You Metrosexual?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
OK, I heard my younger brother and sister mention this word while watching television and recently learned what it means (I know, it's been around for a while; I'm a little slow :smile: ) and thought I'd ask here just for fun: who here is metrosexual? If you like SS, the muppets, Berenstain Bears, Eureka's Castle, etc, do you think that's a sign of being metrosexual?

Well? :big_grin:

jediX

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
who here is metrosexual?
Not me.

trekkie1701E said:
If you like SS, the muppets, Berenstain Bears, Eureka's Castle, etc, do you think that's a sign of being metrosexual?
I think thats a horrible generalization. Because I watch cartoons does that make me a child? No. Don't fall under the influence that Muppets are just for children. :rolleyes:

anathema

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
OK, I heard my younger brother and sister mention this word while watching television and recently learned what it means (I know, it's been around for a while; I'm a little slow :smile: )
Apparently I'm even slower. The only place I've heard this word until this thread was on a South Park ep, and I just assumed they were extracting the urine...can someone enlighten me please?

Beebers

Reaction score
O.K., I don't know what it's SUPPOSED to mean, but I do know what the grammatical breakdown of the word would be and I think my skin is crawling.
Metro is from the Greek for mother, metropolitan is from the Greek for motherpolice, to mothercity, to capital or governing province. Yuck, I'm going to Fun and Games now.

:concern: :eek: :concern: :crazy: :concern:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
OK, I just asked; I didn't specify a generaliztion. Calm down :smile:. I now know that not all lovers of children's cartoons are this way; I never said that they were.

God, this was a thread intended for fun that's already gotten ridiculously out of hand in under twenty minutes :rolleyes:

Whatever

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
God, this thread's already gotten ridiculously out of hand in under twenty minutes :rolleyes:
Yeah, we're good at that! Isn't it fun? :big_grin:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Clarification

Since there seems to be some understandable confusion about the term here's the definion according to wordspy.com:

(met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle.
—metrosexuality n.

This site also contains citation examples that further explain its meaning and roots (yes, South Park was one of the first popular uses):

http://www.wordspy.com/words/metrosexual.asp

trekkie1701E said:
thought I'd ask here just for fun: who here is metrosexual? If you like SS, the muppets, Berenstain Bears, Eureka's Castle, etc, do you think that's a sign of being metrosexual?
Based on the above definition, I don't think the Muppets or any of the shows indicate metrosexuality. A stereotypical mextrosexual would probably be more interested in MTV, HBO shows like the Sopranos, or even Sportscenter. He would read GQ and Maxim and shop at the GAP, American Eagle, etc. At least, that's my understanding of the term. And, no, I don't consider myself one.

Beebers

Reaction score
I once went successfully disguised as a guy to a strip joint just to see if I could.

Guess that doesn't quite fit. But I did pick up an issue of GQ on the way.

Thank you for clearing things up, Mumford.

:cool: