Are the Snowths male or female?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
You know the Snowths, Mahna Mahna's back-up singers. Now they're pink and have eyelashes so I'm guessing most will say female. I would too, except I guess I've just never thought of them as being girls. I almost think of them as being boys, just because that's the usual assumption where creatures are concerned, for me if not for everybody else.

The one exception to male monsters/creatures being standard is Green Scoff, who more often than not is seemingly portrayed as being female, having been absent from "So Happy Together" with Florence Henderson and having been played by an auditioning female Muppeteer in the Milton Berle episode and by Eren Ozker in "Comedy Tonight" from the Joel Grey episode, I believe, and having a high voice in "The Great Santa Claus Switch".

But, ignoring that tangent, what do you think? Are the Snowths male or female?

Weird question, I know.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
But, ignoring that tangent, what do you think? Are the Snowths male or female?
My assumption was that they were female too, but I guess I never really thought about it. They kind of act as back-up singers which I generally identify as females (especially w/ a male lead). Good question though...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I always thought they were female too, because they're pink and have big eyelashes. Maybe that's just sexist or speciesist of me... I mean, who knows what the heck Snowth genders look like?

:wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd say female because of their voices, but then maybe they are choir boys...

Ryan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are female. After all, women did their voices for the Ed Sullivan version.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I figured them to be male, because they would be very abstract then...male and pink with eyelashes, and you all know Jim loved abstract!

Here's the information I have from research about Mahna-Mahna:

" Quickly, we must touch on the Snowths because they are an integral part of the Mahna-Mahna history, without whom we would ever have had Mahna’s “do-doos.” They are apparently some sort of identical twins and are most famous for their back-up vocals for the song “Mah-Na Mah-Na.” They, as Mahna-Mahna, made their debut on The Ed Sullivan Show and also had stints on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show. Generally, Frank Oz performed them both. They were also designed by Jim and built by Don."

Drtooth

Reaction score
They are female characters performed by Males

like :mad: and :flirt: