Are any Muppet Puppeteers members here?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Someone needs to be there to stop Mickey from taking over!
I supported the Mouse, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to tell the joke. Ha, Mousetraps...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter said:
Muffin Alert! Start a new topic, ok?

That is a good idea. We chould start doing that, when a thread gets muffined!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have an idea:

Should we ever be allowed to visit with Muppet Performers here at MC, we could have a certain thread dedicated to that particular performer: ie, "Meet and Greet So-and-so!" That would be the thread where the topic could be a chance for us to go all fanatical but by due respect allow them the chance to post as friends and fans of their own co-workers in the rest of the forum!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea. Now, getting the performers to go along with it...

Scooter said:
Muffin Alert! Start a new topic, ok?
spoil sport :smile:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear you are on the right track with that idea.
But the problem would be, as super scooter also poits out, are to get the performers on it.
But we don't get anywhere by just talking about it, so Philip or another moderator should try to contact JHC and hear if that could be possible.
If a performer agree to be to it, then we could see if people here can behave NORMAL, (yes I know that would be a challenge to many on the board :smile: ) when theres one of our heroes on the board.
If the performers are a little to nervous to do it, then it would be great if another employee from JHC could do it (puppet builder, writer or so on)
So the performers could see what happends and if it goes well then maybe they would join in at a later time.
And then if it get out of hand the thread can be closed with a note about what went wrong. And then just realise that it's not meant to be that performers can be on the board.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, but I would freak out and go all fanboy. I just know it but...well, I was pretty good at MuppetFest meeting them all!!

I think we might do good actually. It'd be a barrage of questions, I'm sure, at first; but, like when Karen Prell posts here we don't go all fruity on her.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I think we might do good actually. It'd be a barrage of questions, I'm sure, at first; but, like when Karen Prell posts here we don't go all fruity on her.
Yes, the majority of people on here have been good and behaved themselves when she comes on for a discussion. That is nice to talk to her. I ALMOST went giddy when she replied to my post. But, that didn't show up in my follow-up post. I think most people on here would be good at holding in their numerous amounts of questions, etc. Maybe knowing they would be eventually answered.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
when i posted about a thread that karen posted about her husband signing autographs, i just said that it was cool she shared that info with us. i treated her like i treat anyone else on here. if a performer like jerry nelson came on board and announced himself, i would just say you're great, hope you're doing good, etc. i wouldn't lash out with hundreds of questions. they're regular people and that''s what i put into knowledge.....

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
In fact, we could all only be allowed ONE questian, that way we'd choose the right ones, the important ones and we would then only be able to look on while they answer.

What one forum did when a famous Author came on the board was they opened the thread about 2 hours beforehand and people then could ask one questian then I think they closed the thread for everyone but the author, who answered the questians.

Maybe that would work...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, but then they'd get snowed-under by all of us in other threads.

I think: keep a single thread per performer open, just like the Ask Ken From Palisades thread, for us to go in and ask questions and go all fanatical so they won't be bothered by us in other threads and can post as a fan/friend of their work!