1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Are any Muppet Puppeteers members here?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Jonathan, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Jonathan New Member

Are any Muppet Puppetters Memmbers Here???? Just wondering??? !:eek: :crazy: :cool: :confused:
  2. Luke Active Member

Re: Are any Muppet Puppetters Memmbers Here

Yes ! Quite a few actually !
  3. Jonathan New Member

Realy!!!! Who???
  4. muppet_dk Active Member

The only 2 I know of for certain are Karen Prell & Terry Angus (Fraggle Rock)

And I'am also pretty sure that Jerry Nelson have been here, rumor has it that Bill Baretta also was here before he was scared away.
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

One of Bill's friends or family was here and got the BBB thread shut down for a while I think.

I think I know who some are. I recon I know who Secret Squirel is but I won't say, (cause I may be wrong and we don't want to scare them away. either) As they are not meant to be here, I don't think, so Names are not allowed.
  6. radionate New Member

They most certainly are allowed and meant to be here. You'd be surprised at how many Henson people check out all the Muppet Fan Sites.
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I thought JHC didn't like them here so that was why they never give their names.

Sure WE welcome them here.
  8. radionate New Member

Well they cannot divuldge information that isn't public knowledge yet (i.e. upcoming projects and productions), but they can come here.
  9. Luke Active Member

They aren't allowed to say anything at all - but one or two have broken the rules or not been subject to them, some just lurk and others post under anonymous names.

There are six or seven that i know of, without thinking about it - probably more.
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I think they have wives checking things out, too, from what I have heard! :zany: However, I think it's very cool that they visit, and if they would post more often as themselves, and let us get our "fanaticism" posts out of our system, we could all have some fun, I betcha.

Wouldn't it be great to do a role play with Bill Baretta visiting in as :rolleyes: ?? Or Karen Prell play along as Red? Or Jerry Nelson pop in as Floyd? Yep, I think it would.

And it'd be neat to just be able to ask all the questions we have in our heads for each one of them. Given the chance, though, I doubt I'd really be able to ask a question. I turn so 'fanboy' all of a sudden and just begin muttering jibberish when I meet someone I idolize!

Watch, whenever I meet Luke, I won't be able to do anything but mutter the word "penguin" over and over again.
  11. muppet_dk Active Member

That would be great if that ever where to happend but it would be needed to be very strickly controlled or else it could easyly get out of hand. And that would be a shame if that happend.

It's great to know that they are watching us, and that they do come out of the shadows from time to time
  12. Luke Active Member

Reminds me when girls find out that i work in the field i do, which coincidentally has very little to do with music nowdays - they just sing at me in the hope of becoming the next Britney or something, in person, down the phone, clubs ....... it can get incredibly annoying having people sing at you at random moments. 'Penguin' chanting would not bother me - in fact it might catch on and we can start "The Cult Of Muley and his Penguin friends !"

How funky !

(course i'm gonna be saying 'wocka wocka wocka' and 'Aaaaaaaah')
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

HAAA!! FUNN-EE!!
  14. Super Scooter New Member

I suspect I'd be Wocka Wocka-ing Foz too. I'd be muffining everyone's conversations. I suppose it's a good thing we've never met! :) j/k

I find it hard to believe Karen Prell has a wife who checks things out here. :excited:

Just kiddng, Karen! Oh, and, no offense, Mike.
  15. ryhoyarbie Active Member

i believe karen was on here a few months ago telling people that her husband was going to sign autographs somewhere...people read it but it wasn't like they were going crazy just because she posted or anything...i think, i hope people would have a relaxed attitude towards the performers if say bill or jerry or even brian decided to show up and post every so often. i would probably just say something like love your work, you're great, keep up the good work, etc....and may pose a question or two, but that's all...

ryan
  16. Fozzie Bear Moderator

From prior experience, I've seen that they get hit with a barage of posts in the beginning, but it really drops off quickly. They would have to have patience at first. I have to admit, should Steve or Dave or Jerry sign in again, your friend the Foz would turn all fan-boy, too. Seriously, if I were them, I'd just pop in under a secret name and play at the Central like everyone else does.

And, whose to say they don't do it now?

KPrell is obviously Karen, our own sweet Karen--our keen friend! ;)

Skred was Jerry Nelson, at least at Delphi.

Everyone else has popped in and out at some point or another under odd names, I'm sure of it.

But, would love to have them be regular visitors. Just think what they could do with the Muppets if they got what we wanted directly from the fans?!
  17. Jennifer12 New Member

Call me a cynic, but...

I'm not sure I'd believe it if someone said they were one of the Muppet performers. Anyone could post on a web board saying they were someone else. The anonymity of the internet makes it difficult to take anything anyone says seriously.

Jennifer
  18. Beauregard Well-Known Member

True, but then they have to prove it. It isn't hard. We know when they are fake and when they are real.

Bea:zany:{but am I fake or real?}regard
  19. Muppetsdownunder New Member

Thats true but why would anyone waste their time with that. I spose there are many people out there with absolutely nothing to do with their time!

:p :)
  20. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I'm the real Fozzie Bear. :o