Are all episodes available on DVD?

Grahamers

Reaction score
I recently had two children and we discovered Bear reruns on TV for a bit before they disappeared again. I have spent alot of time looking for information on-line and as best I can tell, Disney is not airing them any mroe and there are only limited number of episodes available on DVD. Additionally, the episoees are sold three at a time on each DVD and not grouped very well. Tis means you have to get an episod elist and figure out whch ones are on which DVD in order to try and avoid overlap.

That said, I wanted to ask a few questions of you experts:

1. Is my summary above correct?
2. Assuming it is, is there a resource online that shows which episodes are available on DVD and which are not?

Ideally I would love to buy the "Complete Bear Box" that had every episode or, at least I would buy a box for each season like they have for most TV shows, but they don't seem to have done that with BBBH yet. /cry

Any help would be much appreciated!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. Would suggest you check the Muppet Wiki at http://muppet.wikia.com, especially their Bear Episode Guide to see if they have that information listed there. Hope this helps and have a good time exploring the rest of the forums.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forty-one of the 117 episodes are on DVD, so that's about 1/3 of them. Disney has really dropped the ball with the Bear franchise.

While a season-by-season DVD release would be great for Bear, the show should still be airing somewhere as there's a whole new generation of pre-schoolers who have never seen the Big Blue House unless their family has a few of the DVD's.

beaker

Reaction score
Forty-one of the 117 episodes are on DVD, so that's about 1/3 of them. Disney has really dropped the ball with the Bear franchise.

While a season-by-season DVD release would be great for Bear, the show should still be airing somewhere as there's a whole new generation of pre-schoolers who have never seen the Big Blue House unless their family has a few of the DVD's.

Do you know if Disney marketing felt there was no demand for Bear like there was in 1999-2000, or is it more of a thing of they just wanted to move on to other properties? I thought Bear was somewhat moderately successful. I feel Bear is the strongest Jim Henson brand names to come about since Fraggle Rock.

Reaction score
This is my first post at MC.

There is an unwritten rule for kids shows on DVD, which dictates that most releases are of the best-of variety (this is, among other examples, how Nick releases Blues' Clues and Dora) unless it has significant adult appeal like Spongebob.

hope that helps, kinda.

AAO

Reaction score
It would be really neat for them to put out the entire set in a "Big Blue House"... All 5 seasons combined into the house... It'd be neat.