Archaia announce new plans for Henson properties

Rachael

Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/01/21/jim-henson-comic-books/4721131/

In a nutshell, they're reissuing The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth novelisations by A.C.H.Smith with some new material included.

Finally some news! Archaia seem to be heading in a drastically different direction from what they previously suggested, particularly with Labyrinth - I can only presume the proposed prequel graphic novel is off the cards for the moment.

What do you make of this development?

Laszlo

Reaction score
Great news!
But where is DARK CRYSTAL CREATION MYTHS Vol. 3 ?

SpookyMania

Reaction score
I pre-ordered their releases for Dark Crystal and the Tale of Sand box-set. I'm a little bummed, though, because I ordered Labyrinth from the bookstore where I work and already our warehouses are out of it. It has to be backordered and I'm getting impatient.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There's also the rerelease of The StoryTeller and their upcoming release of another previously never-unearthed project, The Musical Monsters of Turkey Hollow later this year.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the storyteller stuff for sure. the artwork they've shown looks phenomenal.
I have a feeling more will be announced at SDCC- which usually happens if something is going to be announced that is.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Spooking of which... Toughpigs posted an article announcing that Archaia will release a new four-issue StoryTeller arc titled "Witches" where all four issues will feature stories dealing with witches or enchantments or the like.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
Just got my copies of Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. They are gorgeous. I'm going to devour these things. After I read them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
For those interested and able to attend...

The Henson Company and Archaia will hold a panel presentation at this year's San Diego Comic Con International on Friday, July 25, 2014, at 6:00 PM in Room 32AB.
They'll discuss their past projects and hopefully some upcoming plans like The StoryTeller: Witches four-issue arc and The Musical Monsters of Turkey Hollow.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
For those interested and able to attend...

The Henson Company and Archaia will hold a panel presentation at this year's San Diego Comic Con International on Friday, July 25, 2014, at 6:00 PM in Room 32AB.
They'll discuss their past projects and hopefully some upcoming plans like The StoryTeller: Witches four-issue arc and The Musical Monsters of Turkey Hollow.
Thanks for posting this! I'm also really interested in finding out more about the Storyteller and Turkey Hollow comics at SDCC. But also I'll be on this panel for my new Fraggle Rock comic!