April Fools: Muppet Studios reveals new logo

Drtooth

Reaction score
With the negative feed back the current logo is recieving, it comes as no surprise that the marketting department for Muppets Holding Company has redesigned a new tag that will debut later this year (as it wasn't finshed by the time promotions for the Muppet Show Season 3 was released).

Hundreds of designs were used, many different famous graphic designers were called in, but one design stood out, by a young new up and coming designer named Michael Stevens-Foster. "I wanted to get a sense of minimalism. One that really conveys whimsy, and yet a stylistic playfulness to it."

You can see the new logo in question right here

Can't say I care for it. This must be some preliminary or something. I don't care what kind of minimalistic stuff they're going for, but at least spell it right, By Toutatis. It looks like someone hacked it off of MS Paint in 5 minutes.

Anyway, here's the new press release concerning the redisign and relaunch

MWoO

Reaction score
At least it uses a good Kermit poser head. :stick_out_tongue:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Nice. Though as soon as I clicked on the link I kind of knew where this was going. :stick_out_tongue:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
AARGH! THAT'S why I hate April Fools Day. Because gullible ol' me clicks on every link and thinks every story is real. Also, did anyone check out GelflingWaldo's idiotic April Fool prank on the Muppet Newsflash?

BJ

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow Drtooth, good effort this year! Believable enough that I thought, "I better check out the thread!" but I knew when I started reading it. :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
Actually, that's a better logo than the "Muppets" logo Disney has been using for awhile. Not sure what the current one is, BUT the 2001-2004 JHC logo for the Muppets was by far the best

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's a better logo than the "Muppets" logo Disney has been using for awhile. Not sure what the current one is, BUT the 2001-2004 JHC logo for the Muppets was by far the best
Agreed. That logo is the right mix of old and new. The classic font is modified, but it clearly says "Muppets" to me. The new one with the round holes in the "P"s is just ugly and too kid-friendly.

Here's a page of logos I have collected with two quickly modified versions to suit the new Disney scheme a little bit better than they have been doing. I still like the one that Palisades used during the bulk of their run. They actually used the Muppet Show logo starting off, the Jim Henson's Muppets logo mid-run and the Disney oval logo right at the end for the penguins.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, how many people notice I spelt it on purpose with an I?

At least this has more buzz than that prank years back, mocking the idiotic statements and phrases on the Muppet Buttons.

beaker

Reaction score
Agreed. That logo is the right mix of old and new. The classic font is modified, but it clearly says "Muppets" to me. The new one with the round holes in the "P"s is just ugly and too kid-friendly.

Here's a page of logos I have collected with two quickly modified versions to suit the new Disney scheme a little bit better than they have been doing. I still like the one that Palisades used during the bulk of their run. They actually used the Muppet Show logo starting off, the Jim Henson's Muppets logo mid-run and the Disney oval logo right at the end for the penguins.
Actually Frogboy, I was thinking of the 2001-2003 Muppets logo, that had a closeup of Kermit's face from the mouth up. I have it on a bunch of products from that time.