April Fools: An Apology

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I really, truly should apologize. But I have something to say.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, you see… a lot of thinking about my life, and the path I’m taking, and where I want to go and what I want to do… and I’ve been thinking about my writing… And, ultimately, I have made a decision.

I have decided to change my major from English-Publication to History-Education. I have decided that I don’t want to be a writer. And I have decided to stop writing.

Completely.

As in… I won’t be posting any more stories here at Muppet Central, nor will I be finishing the ones that I’ve started.

I really, truly am sorry. I really am. I know that some of you are really attached to some of my stories, but… they just aren’t coming anymore. To be honest, NONE of my stories are really flowing the way they used to. Writing just isn’t as FUN as it was before… And besides that, I’ve been having some other troubles with majoring in English that I’d rather not get into here… I’ve been getting really frustrated, and feeling pretty mopey, which makes it even harder to function, so… I really think it’s best that I just stop writing now, and move on.

I’m sorry, guys. I apologize.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh, Lisa, I understand.
Your talent will be missed.

-penguin salute-

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*nods slowly* I sensed something was wrong Lisa, I didn't expect it to be this monumentous, but I felt that you were feeling troubled. Well I'm glad you're making decisions in your life that will help YOU, that's what matters. And you must know that we all still support you no matter WHAT you do! We'll miss you, duh, but at least we aren't losing you completely! (And you're not going on to write *shudder* Barney fan-fiction. :stick_out_tongue:)

And one more question... is the whole Queen of Fan-Fiction thing part of a monarchy? If so, does the Duke of Chutney come next in line? :wink:

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) to you Lisa! Even though your words have stopped, the spirit of your stories never will!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Having read Lisa's original post... Where's the "April Fool's" tag? Is this for reals? Lisa... *Cringes at the thought of this being true. If you have doubts about majoring in English, you can always send me a PM or email message, I majored in Literature in my BA so any words of wisdom I can offer please LMK. *Shudders at the thought of no more Heart or Flippersteps. Know we're here for you Lisa... *Huggle of sympathy.

Zany, carrying cue card: Sing.
Saying goodbye.
Why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we've had.
Much more to say.
Foolish to try.
It's time for saying...

Nooooo! Cannot do it! We just lost Sean. Now Lisa too? Noooooooo!
*Sobs.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Lisa, I totally understand and respect your decision. You have to do what is best for you and I completely understand. For one, at least two of the stories you were writing, Heart of Gold and Flippersteps, are very emotionally draining and so I can understand the need to just walk away. For two, I've been there, changing your major, your life, the direction it's going. It's good to figure these things out early and ultimately you'll come out of it a better and stronger person.

I wish you tons of luck my dear and you always will be one of my favorite authors on this forum. I hope you'll at least stick around and just post for fun every now and then and let us know how you're doing.

(((HUGS)))

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I know I posted twice here, but I'm seriously going to miss your writing. As Eddie mentioned the leaving of authors on MC, it seems rather shocking. :smile:

Do what you have to do, honey! :big_grin:
There, I left my meaningful message.
Short...sweet.

-GLOMP-

Beauregard

Reaction score
Goodnes...Lisa...Wow...I just wish you'd have TALKED to one of us before because oh I just know we could have helped you through...Of course by talked I mean typed...and by typed written...and that's what' you won't be doing anymore...writing...typing...talking...Oh Lisa, your soul will be locked inside you now!

But...bright side! History Edu doesn't know what's hit it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
First, let me say... Thank you. I am truly, genuinely touched at how supportive all of you are.

Second, let me address this little issue:

The Duke of Chutney said:
And one more question... is the whole Queen of Fan-Fiction thing part of a monarchy? If so, does the Duke of Chutney come next in line? :wink:
Funny you should mention that, oh Duke of mine, because you just so happen to have reminded me of this little something I said approximately two years, three hours and fifteen minutes ago:

TogetherAgain said:
APRIL FOOLS!
GOTCHA again!

I could never give up writing. Ever. It's true that my current English major occasionally gives me a hard time, but for heaven's sake, I honestly can't imagine myself doing anything else for a living. (And you guys KNOW I've got a heck of an imagination.) Besides, even if I DID go into another field, I would probably still write. So no, Prawnie, you cannot have my crown.

I know it's been a while since I've posted any story. Heck, I didn't even post on my BIRTHDAY, and let me tell you, that felt SO ODD. And not the good kind of odd. Yes, I'm having trouble with the three (and a half) stories I'm "posting" right now, but I DO INTEND TO FINISH THEM... someday... somehow. I might actually borrow Beau's outline idea for a good portion of the Flippersteps series, or at least until we get into the future like I planned to be by now. But rest assured, one way or another, I will continue to post.

And just in case anyone's mad at me for this lovely little prank of mine, I just so happen to be planning a little one-shot story to go in this very thread, hopefully by midnight tonight (Chicago time), so there. :stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Lisa... I am... I am hurt. I'm deeply hurt. I'm hurt that you made a fool of me in this very thread. I'm hurt that you wouldn't have told me about this before your posting of it. I'm hurt Lisa. Really, really hurt. This is... I can't believe... and you told BEAU! I just can't believe this. I'm hurt Lisa, that's really all I can say. I spent my entire day today thinking about how miserable life will be without your stories, and how I poured my soul onto the screen telling you my true feelings about your writing and how I would never be the same, and you ripped me to shreds. I'm hurt. I've been conned, and I don't like it. I don't see how you could do this to me. I don't know how we can go on having a friendship after this Lisa. It just won't work. I think we'll need a divorce. That is all.

Oh wait, no it's not.

APRIL FOOLS! :crazy: