Appearances by the Mutations

P

Philip Kippel

Does anyone happen to have lists of the specific "Muppet Show" episodes and other Muppet productions that the Mutations appeared in? What did they do? Which scenes/numbers were they in?

What great dancers they were.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Smiley- the Mutations were those pink/purple dancing triplet monsters with orange hair that appeared on the Muppet Show; they were named as such in the Connie Stevens episode

Philip Kippel-

#2 Connie Stevens- they're Connie's backup group for her number "Teenager in Love". It is in this episode that they are given that name ("Well they aren't the Temptations" "No, those are the Mutations")

#8 Paul Williams- One mutation appears with Sweetums and Thog when Paul is talking about how for the first time he's the tallest person on the show

#14 Sandy Duncan- appear (dressed in gang apparel) in the opening number "A Nice Girl Like Me" with Sandy, Sweetums, Beautiful Day, the Scoffs (vulture-like monsters with long necks) and the Frenchman

#33 Madeline Kahn- dance in Madeline's first number, "Your Feet"

#41 Julie Andrews- appear in closing number, "I Whistle a Happy Tune" with Julie and the monsters

#55 Alice Cooper- one Mutation (apparently female) is in closing number, "School's Out", also in the goodnights

#65 Spike Milligan- appear (as Samurai) in opening number, Fozzie's rendition of "Oklahoma" (in Yokohama)

#66 Leslie Uggams- appear in opening number, "Hey There Good Times" with Leslie and the big monsters

#86 Liza Minnelli- one of the Mutations plays 'Rico' in Liza's number "Copacabana" and appears a couple of times throughout the show and in the goodnights

#93 Doug Henning- two Mutations assist Doug's first act, putting a monster into a box and cutting the box into four

#108 Melissa Manchester- dance in Melissa's closing number, "Your Cheatin' Heart" (set in Spain); two Mutations in the goodnights

Outside of TMS, I don't know. There was one in the opening number, "Hey a Movie" in The Great Muppet Caper (the truckload of monsters that drives by twice). If there are any more Jog might know them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
David,

Hey,
They also appeared in 'The Muppets Go Hollywood'.
It is the Premiere Party at Coconut Grove, the big Monsters including the Three Mutatations sing "Hooray for Hollywood!".

And im sure one of them was in the Closing Number of "Here Come the Puppets!", Hosted by Kermit and Jim Henson.

I think they also appeared in 'The Muppets Celebrate 30 Years'.

See ya

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Yes, they were in "Muppets Go Hollywood" but not in the 30 years celebration. Never saw "Here Come the Puppets".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole