appearances by the Gogolala Jubilee Jugband

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are all appearances I know of featuring the Gogolalal Jubilee Jugband:
Ruth Buzzi: they perform "You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd".
Jim Nabors: They perform in the closing number, "Thank God I'm A Country Boy".
Paul Williams: They appear in Pauls first number, "Old Fashioned Love Song".
Charles Aznavour: They perform in the u.k. spot, "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight?"
Harvey Korman: The guitar player blows a trumpet into Kermits ear during the first introduction.
Bruce Forsythe: They perform in the u.k. spot, "I'm My Own Grampaw".
Candace Bergan: all of the male members sing back-up vocals in candaces first number, "Put Another Log On The Fire".
Phyllys Diller: Three jugband members (the guitar player, the banjo player, and the fiddle player) sing in the opening number, "Mississippi Mud", and all five members appear in the first backstage scene.
Twiggy: They perform back-up in Twiggys closing number, "Nobodys Buisness But My Own".
Kaye Ballard: The old fiddle player sings in the u.k. spot, "Life gets tedious".

And with that I think I got all of their appearances listed, unless any of them appeared in any segments cut from the first season DVD set or if they appeared in any production besides the muppet show.

The song "I"m My Own Grampaw" was also included in the video Childrens Songs And Stories With The Muppets, "Mississippi Mud" was included in Rowlfs Rhapsodies With The Muppets, "You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd", "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose it's Flavor On The bedpost Overnight", and "Life Gets Tedious" were all included in Country Music With The Muppets, and the begining of the harvey korman episode was in It's The Muppets: More Muppets, Please! it's interesting that all of the jugbands numbers that don't feature guest stars were included in the Playhouse compilation videos.

P

Philip Kippel

minor muppetz said:
And with that I think I got all of their appearances listed, unless any of them appeared in any segments cut from the first season DVD set or if they appeared in any production besides the muppet show.
They did not appear in any of the edited scenes. Your list is 100% complete.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I find it strange that they didn't appear more often outside of their own numbers (and two of their most major numbers were U.K. spots, and if you want to count Life Gets Tedious, then three of their most major nubmers were u.k. spots). They never appeared in the guest star portions of the opening. They never aapeared in at the dance. none of them were art students in Candace Bergans "That Face" number. They didn't appea rin group numbers like A Sad Song, Try To Remember The Time of September, Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song, I've Got a Name, Sing, Ethel Mermans song medley (Wayne and wanda should have been in that medley as well), or Theres No Buisnes Like Show Buisness (although it seems like the muppets in that number were either main characters or chorus singers).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was one mistake in the muppet morsels in the Muppet Show season 1 DVD set. In the morsels for one of their segments, it was said that the muppet versions of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Jerry Nelson occassionally appeared with them, but the only one of those muppets who ever appeared alongside the gogolala jubilee jugband was the Jerry Nelson Muppet, and he only appeared with them once, in the Paul Williams episode.