Anything Muppet Appreciation Thread

DePingPong

Reaction score
Ooh, great idea for a thread on AM's.
My favorite AM skits usually tend to be the ones that tell a story like these ones;

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Frank Oz's king voice and his delivery crack me up every time. Also, I love Jim's little ad-lib when he brought in the girl

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's one I discovered today:

Now, this one surprised me because, as a Sesame Street sketch, you'd expect it to have a happy ending, but it doesn't. The whole sketch is basically about a bride and groom who are on two opposite sides of a street. The groom can't get to his wife (or soon to be wife) because the "Don't Walk" sign is on. I thought the sketch was going to end with the sign changing to "Walk" and the couple happily meeting up again, but nope. It just ends with them being sad because they can't get to each other.
Now, obviously, it's not played too seriously, especially since it's obvious that all they have to do is wait for the sign to change or at the very least wait for traffic to clear up. But it's still a little sad.

And that's what I like about it. It takes an unexpected direction, and it's funny, sweet and sad all at the same time. Also, you gotta love Chris Cerf's vocals in this. I don't think there's ever been anyone on the show who's voice was as lovely as his.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I don't think I've ever seen or heard of this episode, I just love the design of this Evil Sorceress.

Really went all out on her costume. She looks particularly Flash Gordon-y

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
While I don't think I've ever seen or heard of this episode, I just love the design of this Evil Sorceress.

Really went all out on her costume. She looks particularly Flash Gordon-y
Yep, Hooperfan just uploaded that episode on YT. I saw it, and she's great. Her her design is great, I love her voice, and the way the performer performed was perfect for the character, everything about her is just awesome. Although, i'm not quite sure who played her, sounds like it could either Alice Dinnean or Kathy Mullen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This may be Telly's song, but it's the Egyptian AMs that make it for me:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wanted to praise Louise Gold in this one, considering the British performer was able to pull off a convincing southern accent without it being such an over-the-top and exaggerated drawl like many people tend to do. Makes me think of how Cary Elwes can do a decent southern accent, but can't seem to keep up a New York accent without traces of his natural British accent slipping in.

cjd874

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone's brought this up, but c'mon...this is one of the best segments I've ever seen on Sesame Street. Featuring some familiar Anything Muppets such as Prairie Dawn, Roosevelt Franklin, Farley, Mr. Johnson, etc.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I love the peasant girl in this, especially how they did her eyes, making them all big and wide, but also glassy to make them look all the more sad and pitiful - like they do in cartoons whenever a character has big, sad eyes.