Anyone remember Galaxy High School?

Luke

Reaction score
I rarely post unmuppety stuff, but figured a lot of people here are the right age to remember this show. So does anyone remember the great cartoon "Galaxy High School?". It was about two earth kids sent to school on a distant planet. It only ran for one season but was probably one of the big breaks for Nancy Cartwright as a voice actress, and Harry Potter director Chris Columbus as a writer. The theme tune was also very popular. Nothing much was heard of for ages about GHS as the rights are owned by some eastern animation studio, but an anime company recently decided to release it on DVD for the retro sales i guess. Anyway i have purchased both DVD's, which are yet to arrive, since my dog stalks the mail man like the Coyote against the Road Runner, but i am fairly excited about this development in my life, and lets face it, that doesn't take a lot. There has also been talk for quite a few years of there being plans for a live action movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_High

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
Sure I remember that show. It was a favorite of mine. I remember bits and pieces of certain episodes. Like the one with the rock star named Mick Maggers. And the one where they had to deliver a pizza with living creatures as toppings to a strange character in a big house. I might have to check out those DVDs.

Kiki

Reaction score
Fanks for posting that! :smile:
Sheah, I remember that show. It was a cartoon that dealt with typical high-school problems like exams and stuff... AND it was set in another galaxy! :big_grin: I'm rapt to hear that it's becoming a movie, like lots of other '80s cartoons, too. I hope it's great.

Erine81981

Reaction score
It looks familiar but i can't remember it on Saturday Mornings. But it looks like a pretty cool cartoon. Nice to see something i hadn't seen but looks familiar. Thanks for putting that link FuzzMonkey.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember seeing this somwhere before. But that is so cool that their making a movie adaption of it!:excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Well Chris Columbus has been planning a movie of it for a few years now, so we'll have to see if it gets made at some point. It would be a live action movie though i hear.

I'm glad people remember it!

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I think I went to school there

I remember the show very well, some of my classmate at my old high school Brooklyn Tech class of '86 could be auditioning for the live-action version of it now.

lael

Reaction score
Yeah, Hi. I'm Bouyee, Bouyee Bubblehead. Yeah, what? Oh, yeah, Hi. I'm Bouyee, Bouyee Bubble head...... I heart her.