Anyone remember "Doug"?

peyjenk

Reaction score
Remember that great cartoon of yesteryear, Doug? As a kid, I really only ever got to know the Disney version (as opposed to the Nickolodeon version). It was a great show.

Honk honk!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
To me, the Nick original was better in nearly all aspects than its Disney version. The only thing Disney had over the Nick version was the revamped theme song and the growing relationship between Doug and Pattie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I myself prefer the original Nickelodeon version over the Disney version... though I did enjoy Doug's 1st Movie... that was pretty much like the only Valentine's Day-themed movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I adored Doug, watched it all the time. It was so clever, from the endearing characters to the quirky background music. I especially loved Doug's fantasies like Quail Man ("the powers of the Quail, bobbing and darting! lol).

Didn't like the Disney version too much, that's when it jumped the shark.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I loved how Doug had a crush on Patti. Did he ever tell her? Skeeter was also a favorite of mine. So was Roger, Mr. Dink, Bebe, Judy, and Porkchop.
Ah, the memories.....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, I sure have been reliving my childhood A LOT here at MC lately!

SSLFan

Reaction score
And sometimes I just wish I could go back....:cry: :sympathy:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Man, Doug was the BEST Nicktoon, or at least one of them. One of the ORIGINAL Nicktoons, and if you only saw the Disney one, then you REALLY missed out on something. Hopefully, they'll put it on DVD or something.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Heh heh heh.... Scionara SUCKERS! lol! I love Nickolodeons Doug. My favorite characters are Roger, Al & Moo, Mr. Dinkleburg, and Skeeter (in that order).