1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Anyone pick up a spare Free Comic Day Labyrinth?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by dwmckim, May 5, 2012.

1. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Well after a FOUR HOUR bus trip (it seems after putting the city of Phoenix through a massive bus strike, the bus drivers are now being massively overpaid to NOT do their jobs), my nearest comic shop didn't have any of the Labyrinths. Anyone pick up an extra?
  2. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Nope. I went to two comic book stores and they didn't have it. :/
  3. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I got one...not sure about an extra though...the kids may have picked one up but I don't think so. The Labyrinth story was only about five or six pages...cute but a little hard to follow
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Dangit, I knew I was forgetting something. *sniffle* I don't have one either. :(
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, due to the outright stinginess of the places that carried it, I was only able to procure one for myself. By the time I got to the "you can basically pull up a backpack and shovel as many comics as you want in" store, they were out of 90% of the FCBD comics, and were just giving out unsold junk and leftovers from 2 years back.

I WISH I did, though. I didn't get to pick up last year's Dark Crystal or Halloween's free Fraggle Comic, and that would have been something I would have traded for.
  6. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

As this was free anyway, I don't feel all that guilty about it, but here, if you scroll down, someone posted a link to scans of it. I'm Moulinofmoraine over on that forum.
  7. Drtooth

Personally, I didn't find Voltron and didn't get Star Wars in time.

But if anyone wants an extra The Tick from last year, the freaking comic book store up sold me on getting another one, thus missing the Star Wars one as well.
  8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thank you for the link to the scans!
    While the coloring is good, the artwork is too simple for my taste. It doesnt really look like the movie.
  9. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I didn't find one either.
  10. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing these scans!

Aw, this is beautiful! The artist demonstrates just the right balance between the standard character models his own personal graphic novel style expression. I believe the kind of art and storytelling presented here will reach more people than the off-putting, niche manga stuff from years past. I personally loathed Tokyo Pop's squandered opportunity and their take on the beloved Henson properties. This is really in the spirit of Jim's Labyrinth. I'm excited for the future of these comics!
  11. Drtooth

I didn't read it quite yet. I got so many comics, most of them unsellable back issues, and I've basically only read the DC kids sampler... not even the Donald Duck or Moomins. But I thumbed through the Labyrinth part, and I agree. The artwork is the same lovely stuff that made the Fraggle Rock comic series as great as it was. I loved the artwork in the Muppet comics for the most part (even congratulated Shelli on Muppet Snow White that day... she was at a local place promoting the Adventure Time comics... didn't have the money to get a back MSW for her to sign by that time, though)... but the magic of the Fraggle comics was that a lot of the artwork looked completely different from that standard comic book fare... almost painterly. I really loved that look and I loved seeing it here.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  12. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

This past Saturday was actually the first time in months I bought anything at my LCS; it's gotten too expensive for me to pick up comics on an individual basis, so I mostly get graphic novels cheap(er) on Amazon. Of course the only reason I went was to get the FCBD Labyrinth comic. It just so happened they were having a sale, so I picked 2 comics from the $1 bin, one I actually intended to read and one I just grabbed on the fly. I'm surprised my LCS even had the Archaia HC, since they mostly carry titles from the Big 2.
  13. Not sure if you're still watching this thread, but I'll send you a copy.
  14. amygam

amygam Member

Its available for pre order through Barnes and Noble right now. Around 13 dollars and some change, before shipping and handling taxes.