Anyone live near the Jim Henson Co in LA?

Carlylia

Reaction score
I'm trying to get an internship there and was wondering if anyone lived pretty close to the Company. I need contacts and a place to stay. Thanks for any help. Here is my email if anyone wants to reply that way: carlylia@hotmail.com

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Carlylia,

The best way to get an internship is to go to Henson.com and look for the internship possibilities. I've seen them listed on there before, though I no longer remember exactly where.

As far as I know, none of us have a real "in" with the Henson Company (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I lived in LA for the past year and would frequently drive past the building...I had no access to get inside, though. Sorry. They aren't hiring right now (haven't been for ages), but it seems like they're always doing internships.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Carlylia

Reaction score
Sorry,
I didn't mean contacts with the company, I need to find someone in LA who lives near the CO., I need a place to stay if I get the internship. :smile: Sorry for the confusion.

Luke

Reaction score
There are plenty of people here with contacts at Henson, just probably none within human resources. The internships are apparently quite easy to get but it's more administration than creative stuff - although i've heard of a few people who got to do some research work of sorts. If you have more of a creative TV career in mind I would suggest Sesame Workshop in New York would be a great option if you have trouble getting to LA. You'd get to see a lot more puppetry related stuff.

Carlylia

Reaction score
I will wait and see if I get the internship, my resume and cover letter are not due until march, I think even if I get the internship in La I would love to do the sesame street one as well, at a later date. Got anymore info on the sesame street internship? I didn't even know they did them. But back to my original question I need a place to stay while I'm in LA. I need to find a place to stay as close to the company as possible. I live in New York and don't know anyone there. Thanks for any and all help.