Anyone know of cheap replicas? (for army..)

Davina

Reaction score
Ok, my husband is currently deployed and he was having a really bad day and he commented that he really wished that I could send him Kermit, but that he'd be afraid he'd get messed up.. He'd love to take pictures of Kermit (or any of the others) with the troops...
so.. I'm wondering if anyone has any leads on really (and I mean _really_) dirt cheap replicas (or even decent looking, close to the right size stuffed toys..) that I could send off to him and the rest of the troops.. or if anyone has a spare they took apart and could put back together or something (or if anyone thinks maybe we could get MR to donate muppets to the troops?) I'm sure my husband isn't the only one over in all the locations the troops are at who would love to be able to send home pictures of themselves with Kermit or something or have a nice happy moment while far away from home...
I don't know.. maybe it's silly and maybe I can't make it happen.. but while hubby's away, I want to do what I can to cheer him up, even if it makes me look insane :smile:

anyone have any ideas, suggestions.. think I'm just nuts?

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well Kermit is sold out at MR and most other places, the only spot where u can still get one is redfordfilms for 220$.

Other Replicas like Animal or Gonzo you can get cheap of Ebay for 99$ BIN.

I dont think anyone here will give you a spare one for almost nothing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've seen some pictures and vids of a group in the army (I forget who now) who have a bunch of Muppet action figures for a mascot, have you considered going down the action figure route instead of the replica?

Davina

Reaction score
Might.. this was something he just brought up today... I knew it was a very very long shot.. but, hey, had to ask.. :smile:
had to look into it.. will also look into the action figure option.. i know of one store not too far away that still carries them.. (or at least did last time we were there a few months ago...)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Maybe go for the macy's frogtographer Kermit.There are are a few on ebay with a low start bid.