Anyone interested in trading for Unpaved episodes?

ssetta

Reaction score
1736: from 1982

Bob teaches music lessons all day.

Classic clips: Madrigal Alphabet, The Count's First Day Of School (Song), Ernie and Bert hiking through the jungle.

1740: from 1982 also

Water shortage.

Classic clips: Grover tells a secret, Man helps boy look for V, Rainy Day Song (film).

mikealan

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Now this copy of #3146 you have, is it from Noggin, or is it the original?

Also, can you please describe the 1992-93 shows? I'm more interested in those.
The tape of #3146 was taped from Noggin and don't forget that it also has The Inside Story film/song, Cecielle the Ball singing about opposites, the V Hurt My Knee poem cartoon and the Swinging Letters V Song by Chris Cerf!

All right, all right, I know what you're thinking, ssetta, here are two 1992-93 shows:

Show#1 (from 1992)
Sponsored by D, M & 15

Street Scene: Elmo asks the kids about what are the differences of him and Snuffy
Animated Segment/Song: Mother Brown's Farm (15)
Live-Action Segment: Kids play tom-tom
Muppets/Song: You Gotta Have M, sung by Miss M, a purple female muppet
Animated Segment: Dinosaur tries to go around the rock
Street Scene: Maria cheers Alice up, Elmo gives up that he pretends to be a Snuffleupagus by wearing a brown sock to make Alice happy!
Animated Segment: Yellow circle and orange circle-"He's sad...he's happy!"
Muppets/Song: Listen To the Bells
Live-Action Segment: Kids play a clapping game
Muppets: Sneak Peek Previews with Oscar and Telly-Thumbs up, thumbs down
Animated Segment: The 'D' Store (old '70's animated clip)
Muppets: Big Bird reads the story about the sheep who felt cold
Live-Action Segment/Song: The Garden Song, a very old 70's segment, sung by Joe Raposo (i think)
Animated Segment/Song: Small B, Small D
Muppets: Grover reads the singing telegrams to Fat Blue
Animated Segment: Cat wants cat food so badly when the mother talks to the phone
Muppets: Translation 1-Funky Funk & Baby Tooth
Live-Action Segment: Shadow Figures-Swan
Live-Action Segment: Boy goes to school in fancy dress as Spanish music plays (possibly from the old years)
Street Scene: Telly and Rosita play the Spanish Up and Down game
Animated Segment: Two brown kids-Up and down
Muppets/Song: Ernie & Bert-What Do You Do With a Paper Clip
Live-Action Segment: The Count counts kids sitting on a long park chair
Muppets: Translation 2-Funky Funk & Baby Tooth
Live-Action Segment: Kids forming letters, sometimes with confetti and balloons
Animated Segment: the Curiosity Cat
Muppets: Live kid and two muppet cats-Cat
Animated Segment: The Letter M-a mask!
Street Scene: Elmo, Telly, Rosita, Mr. Handford, Princeton Rabbit-sh, shout
Animated Segment: sign language of day, noon, night (i think it's VERY old from the very early 70's)
Muppets/Song: If Moon Was Cookie, sung by Cookie Monster
Animated Segment: The 'M' Chorus, with the little conductor man conducting the M sound, not the letter
Muppets: Translation 3-Funky Funk & Baby Tooth
Animated Segment: The Carrot
Muppets/Song: Going to the Library, We're Gonna Read, sung by Gordon, Susan, Elmo & Gladys
Animated Segment: Boy searches for a 'no'
Muppets: Two-Headed Monster read a story together
Animated Segment/Song: Don't You Forget Fifteen
Muppets: Translation 4-Funky Funk & Baby Tooth
Animated Segment: Boy figures out what should the plant grow
Closing Scene: Elmo asks himself what Sesame Street has been sponsored by and was the production of

Show#2 (from 1992, i think)
Sponsored by V, X & 9

Street Scene/Song: My Name, sung by Savion Glover, Elmo & Telly
Animated Segment: The Letter V-Volcano ('v..v..v...VOLCANNOOOOO!')
Muppets: Two muppet rapsters perform a rap alphabet, the purple one kinda looked like Harvey Kneeslapper, but had a tongue and glasses, and the Fat Blue one was the live-handed puppet
Animated Segment/Song: Name the Continents!
Muppets: Monsterpiece Theater-the 400 Blows
Live-Action Segment/Song: The Inside Story
Street Scene: Elmo explores Susan
Animated Segment: Dog balances five burgers
Muppets: Bert & John-John-Feelings
Live-Action Segment: Island!
Animated Segment: Brand X!
Live-Action Segment: Kids at theater watching woman trying to go to the exit
Animated Segment/Song: Five Baby Oysters
Muppets/Song: Closed-eyed Guy Smiley-like muppet sings about nature, performed by Jim Henson, sounded like Link Hogthrob as well
Animated Segment: Elephant tries to suck ten peanuts and lands on them to make peanut butter at the end
Live-Action Segment/Song: We Love Each Other, song played on film where a little boy plays with his baby brother, who was new-born
Animated Segment: V Is For Vitamins, a groovy old '70's cartoon ("You forgot to take your vitamins!")
Muppets/Song: The Telephone Rock, by Little Jerry & the Monotones!
Animated Segment: Boy imagines himself in the jungle (from the early 90's, i think)
Street Scene/Song: Princeton Rabbit shows Big Bird and the kids the alphabet surprise, Elmo sings "ABC-DEF-GHI"
Animated Segment: Two elephants struggle to sit, a tiny mouse came to scare them away
Live-Action Segment/Song: Swinging Letters-the Letter V by Chris Cerf!
Live-Action Segment: Woman makes slippers for his son
Muppets/Song: Air, sung by the final appearance of Guy Smiley!
Animated Segment: Maria's voice counts nine penguins
Street Scene: Herry Monster and the monsters won the football game, they play football at Hooper's to annoy Mr. Handford!
Animated Segment/Song: A duck who wanted to play with his friends
Live-Action Segment: Glow-In-the-Dark Fish
Muppets/Song: How I Miss My X
Animated Segment: X (with beautiful flute music in the background, possibly from the early '70's)
Muppets: Maria, who dresses like Charlie Champaign falls in love with Linda (i think) dresses up like a wife in the museum
Animated Segment/Song: I Am the World, sung by a cartoon globe
Street Scene: Herry and his friends play Three Of these Things game at Hooper's
Animated Segment: Rap#9
Live-Action Segment: Shadow Figures-Laughing Man
Muppets: Ernie plays the drums, he doesn't listen to Bert! (from the early '70's)
Animated Segment: Man tries to sleep but he got annoyed by a fly, a chicken and the rabbit playing drums
Closing Scene: Mr. Handford lets Herry and the monsters to get out of Hooper's

That's all I thought of in these episodes I've mentioned. Bye!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Does anyone have the 1993 Season Premiere episode where SESAME STREET goes "around the corner"? It was the first episode to NOT use the classic Sesame Street theme song.

I'll trade with you for any of my Unpaved episodes: I have every single one except a few 1980's episodes, which I could care less for.

Anyone have the 1993 Season Premiere? Trade?

ssetta

Reaction score
I do have the 1993 Season Primere, but that was NOT the primere of the new theme music. The first episode that does NOT use the classic theme song was actually the 1992 Season Primere.

Mikealan, can I have a copy of those episodes, please??

P.S. Do they have the opening theme or closing credits?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
ssetta said:
1736: from 1982

Bob teaches music lessons all day.

Classic clips: Madrigal Alphabet, The Count's First Day Of School (Song), Ernie and Bert hiking through the jungle.

1740: from 1982 also

Water shortage.

Classic clips: Grover tells a secret, Man helps boy look for V, Rainy Day Song (film).
Uh...thanks for topping off my list. :smile: :stick_out_tongue:

By the way, Jeffkjoe , I also have episode #1, full version, if you're interested.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Mikealan , I'm interested in both of these episodes and willing to trade Unpaved episodes you would like.

I've got:
#1 (full version)

And From Noggin:
1969:#8: Letter "B" Treasure Hunt
#43: Loulou's Back In Town
#54: Oscar Bakes A Cake
#83: Big Bird Moves Seed
1070:#131: 2nd Season Premiere
1978 (Hawaii episodes): #1093
1981:#1575: Heatwave /Mr. Rogers Visits
1982 (BB Goes to Camp):#1707
1983:#1736: Music Lessons (Last part is cut off)
# 1740: Water Shortage (credits are partially missing)

E-mail me via Muppet Central if you're interested. BTW, what's on the other episodes you have, besides your two Unpaved episodes and the ones you already mentioned?

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Hey SSETTA,
I'm interested in the copy of episode #796. Can you send it to me

mikealan

Reaction score
Guess what! I've got #406 and #2558!
I got them from Greg. #406 was the Season 4 Premiere and #2558 was where Maria is pregnant before she had Gabi.

Here are how both of these went:

#406-it starts where the whole cast recites the entire alphabet, except that Big Bird doesn't know who begins with Z, but luckily, they should do the whole cast reciting the alphabet on today's SS with Zoe! Also, on this episode, it has got lots of great skits like Ernie singing "Dee Dee Dee", "The D Building" cartoon (it's also on one of the two episodes of the 1991-92 season), "Everybody Sleeps" by Joe Raposo, where we see the man sleeping and missing the train(!) and here's more: Granny Fanny Nesselrode appears on the Here Is Your Life game show sketch of the oak tree with Guy Smiley! There was the animated/live-action sketch of the letter 'D' which it got me annoyed, but right now, I'm getting much better by having it on tape! There also were the surreal "Daddy Dear" animation/song and one of Jim Henson's number animations with the baker that fell down the stairs of the number two (which it showed it twice!). Simon Soundman made an appearance on the sketch where he sings the "Sound Song" (You can hear it on Muppet Central Radio). Actually, it featured two strange Muppet skits like the teeth going to get a job and Grover demonstrating about heavy and light, but Big Bird appeared in the sketch with him! It also featured two Anything Muppets-one green girl performed by Lorreta Long and a purple boy performed by Emilio Rogriedz singing "Me" in English and Spanish, the alphabet computer animation, the warthhogs film (original version, in the late 70's episodes, we hear Oscar's voice talking about warthhogs), Grover the Waiter sketch of chicken soup, the peacock counting its tails up to 20 and Grover and Susan play One Of These Things. Guess what! It showed the Count's first appearance where he counts Ernie's blocks! BTW, it showed the debut of the second Gordon (Hal Miller) and...there was an unusual Anything Muppet robot named Sam! When Gordon and Susan meet Sam the Robot, he annoys them that he thinks its Mulberry Street but they think its Sesame Street. Sam thinks he's the Super Automated Machine, but I called him a robot! He thinks he's so perfect, but SS humans think he's wrong! His voice was sooo electronic that Jerry Nelson made for his voice! I'm telling you, Sam the Robot was the most scariest and unusual SS Muppet ever!!! Roosevelt Franklin made a cameo appearance on the beginning of the episode as well. This episode was brought to you by the letter D and by the number 2.

#2558-Big Bird and Maria go to the doctor. The doctor checks inside Maria's tummy that she has a baby inside (before Gabi). During this episode it's got lots of other great skits like Ernie has a banana in his ear (from May 5, 1971), the first Monsterpiece Theater sketch: Upstairs, Downstairs and Newsflash with Kermit the Frog: Humpty Dumpty. Clementine and Gladys the Cow made appearances on the sketch where Clementine lets Gladys to work in the "R" Ranch. Sonny Friendly made an appearance of the street segment with Maria and Luis where both play the game, "Name That Sound". An live-action skit where Alaskans visit the doctor. Kermit is also on this episode that he sings "African Alphabet" with the Black Ladysmith Malbazo. It also had Cooperation Makes It Happen by the Anything Muppets. Telly and a live kid talk about sad, and three kids argue about sad, but Telly and a live kid pretend to be sad, so they pretend to be angry! Grover and another live kid talk about love. The animated NOO-Nee-NOO Typewriter Guy sketch of R-Rope. The Count sings about his home. The alphabet animation where letters were drawn by art supplies and technology. One of the number animations where Maria's voice counts anything was 7 Owls. The old animation (made by the same animator that did the "B" one with the boy knocking everything with the baseball bat) of the letter R (Man: "What letter have we learned today?" Dog: "Arrrrrrrrr!" Man: "Good heavens! A talking dog!"). Two animated shorts about up and down: The old 70's one about up and down and the other old 70's one where a man talks about up and down. BTW, there was another sketch which used to scare me sooo much in my youth, but it still scares me and made my heart beat, which it was the old live-action sketch. It was the red-hot 'I'!!! It played scary trumpet-and-piano music in the background and imagine in 3-D that the 'I' is going to come through the TV and burn you as the screen freezes to show it. Elmo made a couple appearances on this episode. This episode was brought to you by the letters I and R and by the number 7.

Right now, for my Sesame Street video collection, I have #162, #355, #406, #2558, two from the 1991-92 season, #3146 and #3870.

ssetta

Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of episodes to trade with! A lot more Unpaved episodes than you have? Now if you would only e-mail me with your address, I would be more than happy to send you some of my tapes. And I would LOVE to have those 1991-92 shows!

gbrobeck

Reaction score
In the segment on emotions with Telly and the live kids, the live kids were actually Keshia Knight-Pulliam, Lisa Bonet, Malcom Jamal-Warner, and Tempestt Bledsoe---the stars of "The Cosby Show".

Greg