Anyone have Muppet Tattoos?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here's a quick questian,. when you're eighty, wrinkled, and old, will you wish that you had never been covered in a hundred-and-one tattoos?

Beebers

Reaction score
No, because I only have one, and it's a phoenix, who will simply develop more fascinating flight patterns as time takes its toll.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Here's a quick questian,. when you're eighty, wrinkled, and old, will you wish that you had never been covered in a hundred-and-one tattoos?
That's one big reason I don't want one. My grandpa got two tattoos on his arms in WWII and they are all faded to black and white and yucky looking. No thanks. :stick_out_tongue:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo, unless it could be glow-in-the-dark, holographic, and have built in broadband internet. Maybe then...

Beebers

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo, unless it could be glow-in-the-dark, holographic, and have built in broadband internet. Maybe then...
I get 106 channels in on mine . . .

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I would never get one...I don't think...
The artist who did mine is a fascinating guy. And he won't tattoo just anybody. He can sense if somebody's not so sure about it and he won't tattoo them. He's got a two-week wait policy as well. If you still want the thing two weeks later then he'll do it. While I was getting mine done he had any number of spontaneous walk-ins wanting tats and he turned them all down. I have no regrets at all. And mine's on my shoulder blade where it'll actually age pretty gracefully. People who get them in other bod locations don't fare quite so well and a good tattoo artist will actually counsel people about your aging question. My guy won't do any frontal tats on women, who will later have kids, for obvious reasons. And, man or woman, what was sexy at 20 won't be so hot at 55, depending on locale.

:cool:

Hypatia

Reaction score
Whatever said:
That's one big reason I don't want one. My grandpa got two tattoos on his arms in WWII and they are all faded to black and white and yucky looking. No thanks. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, in all fairness, I would point out that the state of the art has advanced quite a bit since WWII....better guns, better inks, better artists (not b/c they didn't exist then, but it is more acceptable now, and the technology has improved)....and how good a tattoo looks as it ages has a lot to do with how well someone takes care of it---and that means sunblock. All the time. I have ink that's 10+ years old that's just as bright as it was when I first got it.....but I'm also pasty honky and stay out of the sun/wear sunblock anyway. I think they're an investment, and you have to protect them---otherwise, why bother? <shrug>

:smile: