Anyone good with sound editing?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This is probably a long shot but I have some (a lot) of audio that I need to increase the default volume on but I'm at a loss. I'm working on a sound mod for a game I play, replacing some of the default sounds with alternate sounds. The problem is despite the volume of the files sounding fine out of game, they're really quiet in the game.

I've managed to increase the audio a bit in audacity, but if I increase it any more its just gonna cause audio clipping and that's gonna sound gross. Is there an easy and free way to increase the volume of an audio file that wont cause horrible sound distortions and popping?

P.S. I know virtually nothing about sound editing

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is going to be the case with any digital audio program you use: if you increase the volume too much, you're going to get clipping and distortion. Basically, all you can do is what you've been doing already: either increase the volume as much as you can and deal with it, or increase it even more and put up with the clipping and distortion. :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
*Hear's she word "audio" and eye twitches slightly*

Last edited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is going to be the case with any digital audio program you use: if you increase the volume too much, you're going to get clipping and distortion. Basically, all you can do is what you've been doing already: either increase the volume as much as you can and deal with it, or increase it even more and put up with the clipping and distortion. :smirk:
bleh *flops* At the very least I've gotten what's important to a tolerable level. Ah well...less work for me considering I had over 200 files to fix if I went through with my original plan

*Hear's she word "audio" and eye twitches slightly*
*hears
*the

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Over 200 files?! Holy schiznitz!!! And I thought I had a workload when I had to work around Adobe Premiere's lack of Dolby support on older versions of Windows with over 40 files for my mom's first video project a couple of weeks ago!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Eh..... It's been a very long week for me. Bare with me.
im just picking at you :stick_out_tongue:

Over 200 files?! Holy schiznitz!!! And I thought I had a workload when I had to work around Adobe Premiere's lack of Dolby support on older versions of Windows with over 40 files for my mom's first video project a couple of weeks ago!
it was gonna be a total sound overhaul, replacing the majority of the game's sounds because im a masochist