Anyone going to NY for Muppets tomorrow?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Is anyone going to the Brooklyn Academy of Music tomorrow for the Jim Henson Legacy weekend? I just found out about it and I'd like to go, but the morning seems to be just movie screenings and puppet workshop's for kids. I know Jerry Juhl, and Carol Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Lisa Henson and a boat load of others will be there, but the program bio says they'll be introducing movies but that's about it. Is anything going to be on display? Beside's Carol's book signing, will there be any opportunity to meet anyone else other than during their brief screening intros? I tried contacting BAM but couldn't get a hold of anyone.

If ANYONE has ANY information they could help me with, like now, it'd be beyond appreciated. PLEASE HELP!!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Their website isn't very detailed about this sort of thing either, it looks like it's just movie screenings. And while that's very very cool, I'd like to see the muppeteers themselves as well as anything else there. Here's BAM's page about all of it:

http://bam.org/film/Muppets.aspx

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm not going. Wish I could, sounds cool.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There's a large group of people from Tough Pigs that is going to be there. I'm in NYC for a few days and will be checking some of the screenings out with friends.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I bought a ticket for "Follow that Bird" and the Caroll Spinney Q&A/book signing, and I might stick around for "A Better World: Living in Harmony" which follows immediately afterward. It's an episode of "Fraggle Rock" coupled with "The Song of the Cloud Forest" from 1989. Kathy Mullen and Michael Frith introduce them.

I'm taking the LIRR to Flatbush Avenue, which is fortunately right around the corner from BAM, but you can also take the 2, 3, 4, 5, B, Q, M, N, D, or R to Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street, the C to Lafayette, or the G to Fulton Street.

I'll be wearing the t-shirt of Super Grover that Caroll drew for Sesame Street's 34th anniversary. I'm told he draws a special design every year!

Iokitek

Reaction score
That sounds like alot of fun. Too bad I live abit too far away :stick_out_tongue: Just a tad bit though.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That sounds great! I'd love to come and definately would if i was a bit closer. Pity they don't have any events like this in Australia.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, that's really helpful. Hope to see some of you there!