Anyone ever buy a Terry Angus puppet on eBay?

Rugby

Reaction score
I see one guy has bought two of them. Seems to always get them for 200 bucks even. How are his puppets? Do they feel very muppety? That's got to be the closest thing to the real deal you can buy. I always want to go deep into the world of making my own muppet style puppets, but just don't have time anymore or the skill and knowledge needed to cut, fit, and hand sew fleece and how to make the joints, mouths, head and jaw and how to get the material in the mouth so it is folded under without the frayed end sticking out. (You can't turn certain puppets inside out, so sometimes you can't sew the mouth together and flip it inside out.)

Anyway, just thinking I will for sure be winning his next puppet. I would guess it will have a Christmas theme like last year. Money is no object. If I want it, it's mine. :big_grin:

jediX

Reaction score
Terry's work is incredible... if I had the spare money lying around I'd pick myself up one. His vampire that he had up recently was just incredible -- the next best thing to the Count.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Terry's puppets. They are spectacular! Pictures just don't do them justice. Although, Terry is very clever with the picture taking and story line. That's one of my favorite things about Terry. He doesn't just build a puppet, he builds a character.

I wonder if everyone who has bought one of Terry's puppets has kept the name and characteristics that he originally gave them? Just curious.

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Angus Puppets

Rugby,

I can also vouch for Terry's work. While I've never bought one of his puppets on Ebay, I commissioned him to make a puppet to my specifications. He was totally cool to work with. I gave him the colors I wanted, type of character, and an approximate description and he came back with an awesome design. Kept me updated on progress and sent me photos of the building progress.

Matter of fact, he later built a similar copy of the puppet he built for me, and auctioned it off on Ebay. It sold pretty well I think.

As far as construction goes he does a good job. Loads of personality goes into each puppet and the mouths are designed for really good control and lip synch!

(Terry, now you can pay me that bribe money! Just kidding...just make me a copy of Gobo and we'll call it even...hahahahahaha!)

Anyway, if you're thinking about buying one of his puppets, do it! It's probably the closest you will come to an actual Muppet!

:wink:

Fragglerockr

Erine81981

Reaction score
fragglerockr said:
Rugby,

I can also vouch for Terry's work. While I've never bought one of his puppets on Ebay, I commissioned him to make a puppet to my specifications. He was totally cool to work with. I gave him the colors I wanted, type of character, and an approximate description and he came back with an awesome design. Kept me updated on progress and sent me photos of the building progress.

Matter of fact, he later built a similar copy of the puppet he built for me, and auctioned it off on Ebay. It sold pretty well I think.

As far as construction goes he does a good job. Loads of personality goes into each puppet and the mouths are designed for really good control and lip synch!

(Terry, now you can pay me that bribe money! Just kidding...just make me a copy of Gobo and we'll call it even...hahahahahaha!)

Anyway, if you're thinking about buying one of his puppets, do it! It's probably the closest you will come to an actual Muppet!

:wink:

Fragglerockr

How much did it cost for him to make u a puppet? I've been willing to ask him if he could make a couple of puppets for a show but didn't know how much he ask for. Could u help me out here?

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I know that Ryan (aka: Scooter) has bought one or two. Check with him.

--"Scary" LArry Wolf

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Angus Puppet...

Erine81981 said:
How much did it cost for him to make u a puppet? I've been willing to ask him if he could make a couple of puppets for a show but didn't know how much he ask for. Could u help me out here?
Well it seriously depends on what you want him to make. Some of his puppets have gone on Ebay for upwards of $400.00 which is very low for what most professional puppet designers charge. The $200.00 puppets are a real steal if you can get one on Ebay for that much. My particular puppet could go for a lot more. He put in a good deal of effort on him!

For example, I was talking with a puppet builder recently (used to work in the Muppet workshop) who told me he would charge about $1,000- 2,000 for puppets similar in style to Bert and Ernie (hand and rod style puppet). Another builder I had conversations with told me one of his latest creations went for about 8 grand!!! That just gives you an idea.

As far as Terry's pricing goes, you really need to contact him and discuss what you want with him personally. He's a great guy and does great work. Just know, professionally built puppets aren't cheap. I wouldn't contact him if you only have, say...$50.00 bucks to spend on both puppets. Materials are expensive and the poor guy barely charges anything for his labor time involved!

Later,

Lee

Erine81981

Reaction score
I figured it wouldn't cost 50 it would cost more then that. I just wanted to know. I email him a while back and I asked if he could be a certian character but I should know he either would think about it or couldn't do it. I understand but since I'm trying to get my own kind of puppets I wanted to see how much he would build it. I work so I get paid every other week. I just didn't want to ask him to build something then him have to wait for mos to the money. I know I had his email but I seem to find it. Does anyone here know Terry's Email?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I figured it wouldn't cost 50 it would cost more then that. I just wanted to know. I email him a while back and I asked if he could be a certian character but I should know he either would think about it or couldn't do it. I understand but since I'm trying to get my own kind of puppets I wanted to see how much he would build it. I work so I get paid every other week. I just didn't want to ask him to build something then him have to wait for mos to the money. I know I had his email but I seem to find it. Does anyone here know Terry's Email?
Go here to get a whole bunch of info on Terry such as his bio, puppets he's built, and his email address: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/5617/

:excited:

Beebers

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Go here to get a whole bunch of info on Terry such as his bio, puppets he's built, and his email address: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/5617/

:excited:

The above is correct, or you can just type in Terry Angus, hit search, and everything will come right up. If you're googling. His company is Butch G. Cat Productions and he's in Canada.
email - butchg@hfx,eastlink.ca. :cool: