Anyone catch the Muppets on Ed Sullivan tonight?

Ryan

Reaction score
The Muppets were apparently on Ed Sullivan tonight. Did anybody catch it? I turned the show on too late. The episode also had Topo Gigo and the Mamas and the Papas.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
it hasn't come on here yet! i'll watch it! i do every Saturday! there was a time a month or two ago when they were on about every saturday! they haven't been on for awhile. my favorite was the errrr female kermit....i think it was inspiration! it was a little scary, but very entertaining! did u see that one?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ah hah! i found proof! here it is i found it on henson.com

For early variety show appearances ( The Steve Allen Show, Al Hirt, The Today Show) in the late 1950's and early 1960's, Jim and his colleagues had Kermit (dressed as a female called Kermitina) lip synch to Rosemary Clooney's version of "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face". During the song, a small monster named Yorick eats a handkerchief that covers his face and then tries to devour Kermit. Yorick, who looks something like a skull, was one of the regular puppets on Jim Henson's popular Washington TV show called "Sam & Friends" (1955-61). He was also the first in a long line of Muppet monsters that had big appetites!

Kermitina....weird! it was a really funny sketch though! i still haven't watch tonight's though. I will tell you what it is when it comes on!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Sarah,

Hi,
Did you record any of the Ed Sullivan spots ?

Ifso, Which ones do you have ?

See ya

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Ooh i am so mad! i didn't get to watch the first 10 minutes, but it though hey it'll be ok! but i guess i missed it! it was one i've seen before though, cause the rest of the show was a re-run....woah that didn't make any sense!

No i haven't recorded them, but i think i will start!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
kermit as a female.....hmmm.....if kermit was a female in the muppet show i doubt miss piggy would hit on kermit...

ryan

P

Philo and Gunge

****!

My PBS station NEVER shows Muppets on Ed Sullivan! It's always black and white episodes, last time they showed them was "I've Grown Accostumed To Your Face" and "Visual Thinking" in the same hour.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
My PBS station NEVER shows Muppets on Ed Sullivan! It's always black and white episodes, last time they showed them was "I've Grown Accostumed To Your Face" and "Visual Thinking" in the same hour.
My PBS station never shows Ed Sullivan at ALL!

They had a special during Christmas, and they showed the Reindeer sketch, that's about it.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Where I live, The Ed Sullivan Show is shown on KTEH channel 54. I don't know if this helps.