Any theories on why certain characters didn't make the cut?

What do you think happened to certain characters?

• They found a certain number frightning for children

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

galagr

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone reading this saw The Muppets. I'm also sure that everyone reading this was excited to see such classic characters as Thog, Behemoth, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Wayne, Wanda, Beauregard, Lips, Uncle Deadly (playing a large role), Nigel( The Muppet Show), Nigel (Muppets Tonight), Beautiful Day Monster, Luncheon Counter Monster, Droop, Mo Frackle, The Mutations, Lew Zealand, and even the Blustering Bellowpane Monster make small roles in the movie. But what do you think happened to other characters? Sure they had Thog, Sweetums, and The Mutations, but where was Timmy, Doglion, or Mean Mama? You can't have the Muppet Show theme song recreated without Timmy. They had Beautiful Day Monster, Behemoth, Luncheon Counter Monster, Mo, and Big Mean Carl, but where was Gorgon Heap, Boppity, or Gloat? And they had Link, Lew Zealand, Beauregard, Dr. Strangepork, and even Wayne and Wanda, but where was George the Janitor, Annie Sue, Mildred Huxtetter, or Baskerville the hound? Preety much what i'm trying to say here is what do you think happened to certain characters?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Well, most of the characters you mentioned were cut back in the first season of the Muppet Show. It would've been cool to see Timmy Monster and Doglion. :smile:

galagr

Reaction score
Well, most of the characters you mentioned were cut back in the first season of the Muppet Show. It would've been cool to see Timmy Monster and Doglion. :smile:
Hmm. While I do see your point, they brought back wayne and wanda, who were also cut in the first season. I do agree with your point about Doglion and Timmy. It would be awesome!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Perhaps they simply didn't rebuild every single minor character that only a few Wiki-reading Muppet fans could recognize, let alone name. They had to make room in the budget for things other than puppets.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of agreeing with Slackbot, it costs money to build puppets. Most of the puppets needed rebuilt. They probably figured that they brought back enough characters for now. I'm sure the full-bodied characters cost a great deal of money to make, which makes it surprising that they even rebuilt Thog and the Mutations.

Think about it, you wake up one morning and are reading the newspaper, "Disney goes bankrupt due to making too many Muppets." :smile:

Also, Nigel from Muppets Tonight was in the new movie? How'd I miss that?

galagr

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of agreeing with Slackbot, it costs money to build puppets. Most of the puppets needed rebuilt. They probably figured that they brought back enough characters for now. I'm sure the full-bodied characters cost a great deal of money to make, which makes it surprising that they even rebuilt Thog and the Mutations.

Think about it, you wake up one morning and are reading the newspaper, "Disney goes bankrupt due to making too many Muppets." :smile:

Also, Nigel from Muppets Tonight was in the new movie? How'd I miss that?
:embarrassed: (sigh) Well I guess I have been outnumbered. I guess Baskerville will never be seen again.
Nigel was in the crowd scene when Kermit made his little speech. Look by Thog and Dr. Teeth.

Hubert

Reaction score
:embarrassed: (sigh) Well I guess I have been outnumbered. I guess Baskerville will never be seen again.
Nigel was in the crowd scene when Kermit made his little speech. Look by Thog and Dr. Teeth.
Hey, that's not saying that you'll never see any more of them. There's a sequel in the works...I imagine we'll be seeing a few more familiar friends.

galagr

Reaction score
Hey, that's not saying that you'll never see any more of them. There's a sequel in the works...I imagine we'll be seeing a few more familiar friends.
Thanks for reassuring me. :smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
They only had an hour and a half to tell a story. Things get cut. Pops had a feature role in The Great Muppet Caper, but joins the background chorus in The Muppets Take Manhattan. Robin and Sweetums are hardly seen too. Beauregard's role was greatly reduced after Caper. It's just how it rolls. "The Muppets" was the best film to include so many characters since the original trilogy.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i think they could possibly rebuld the characters they missed during the last movie for this new movie for next summer :smile: