Any SST Songs Make You Cry?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Everytime I watch or hear Ernie's song, "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" I get tears in eyes and start crying. It's just so beatuiful and makes me miss Jim more than I already do:cry:. Everytime I hear it I think it's about dying and how Jim feels about it and his way of saying, "When I die, I will miss all the places and people I love." :stick_out_tongue:

ISNorden

Reaction score
I dunno about crying, but there are a few Sesame Street songs that make me mist up and say AWWW! when they're on. Some that come to mind:

1. "If I Were": Kermit revealing just how generous he feels towards his friends, even though he has nothing material to offer, puts a lump in my throat.
  2. "A Song from Kermit": as in first one, I suspect Jim was putting his own ideas about friendship into that frog's mouth.
  3. "When Bert's Not Here": poor Ernie, he really does love Bert in spite of all their conflicts. Missing a best friend that much is something I can understand in real life, even today!
  4. "That's Love" (may not be the official title): Bert showing a sentimental side doesn't happen often on Sesame Street; the way he admits he loves Ernie at the end is a real AWWW! moment for me.
  5. "Things That I Remember": Jeff Moss' last song is a brilliant ode to the way memories keep friendship alive. Between the lyrics and the video flashbacks, I can't help AWWW'ing over Bert and Ernie's long history on the show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I got to meet Bob at Barnes and Noble, he sang "Keep Christmas With You" for the audience at the end of his show. The show really represents my era of Sesame Street and out of nowhere I just started to cry. It was a very moving moment. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Everytime I watch or hear Ernie's song, "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" I get tears in eyes and start crying. It's just so beatuiful and makes me miss Jim more than I already do:cry:. Everytime I hear it I think it's about dying and how Jim feels about it and his way of saying, "When I die, I will miss all the places and people I love." :stick_out_tongue:

There were 2 times I cried at "Don't wanna live on the Moon".... once because it was used as a PBS commericial promotion style tribute to Jim Henson (which aired just before the Raposo tribute...talk about tear jerking), and the other (bad joke time) when Arron Nelville slaughtered it with his sheep caught in airplane terbulence sounding voice.

I also got really depressed about the song "Sing", as it was used for the finale of the Raposo tribute.

After seeing these beautiful tributes, there are 3 songs that I just couldn't listen to. Sing was one of them, Rainbow Connection for a while (it was used for a Jim tribute), and Just one Person. I have such an aversion to that song, because it will always just get me. It's not that I'm a macho guy... not too much makes me cry (except out of frustraition. Frustaition crying I do all the time), but if you really want to depress the heck out of me, just play Just one Person.

Seriously... I can only watch the first half of The Muppets celebrate Jim Henson. Just after the Accountant number. Then I have to shut it off right away.

Now I know that 2 of them aren't Sesame Songs... but since Jim was associated with SS, I decided to just go with it.

Princeton

Reaction score
Kind of a curveball, but I always cry at "The Alligator King", partly because I see it as so much more than just a song about the number 7. My dad and I are very close, and he doesn't have a real big network of people who can help him. Most everyone he knows are like the first six sons: they try to be helpful, but through their 'help', my dad always ends up snagged on the rug. So, I'm the 'thoughtful little whelp' who doesn't do much, but whatever I can do to help is a great comfort to my dad. Which is why I love the inner moral of the song so much: You don't have to give someone diamonds or rubies, just be there for them and do what you can.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The song "Rock-A Bye-Baby" doesn't normally bug me. But Carrroll Spinney was singing it in a film w/a koala .When I saw it in a youtube video not long ago,I lost it.:cry:
(kind of sounded like my dad)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I recall when I first saw Patty LaBelle gueststarring and singing How I Miss My X, while I didn't cry it did get me down.

I wonder if it did make some kids sad or in one way or another uncomfortable.

This is one SS segment I would X out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I recall when I first saw Patty LaBelle gueststarring and singing How I Miss My X, while I didn't cry it did get me down.

I wonder if it did make some kids sad or in one way or another uncomfortable.
Well I definitely recall knowing the song was sad, but being quite touched by it. I fondly remembered it for years. :smile: