Any Plans for a NEW SS Movie?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I was just watchin "Follow that Bird" and "Elmo in Grouchland" lastnight and It got me thinking FTB was made in 1985 and EIGL was made in 1999, So does Sesame Worshop have ANY plans for a NEW Sesame Street Movie again? :big_grin:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know, but having recently finally made myself watch "Elmo in Grouchland", I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. It still isn't anywhere near as good as "Follow That Bird", but it's not bad. I think Oscar might have been a little more prominent in the movie though. And I really expected Grungetta to show up, but I didn't see her. Well, Big Bird and Elmo have both had big movies focusing on them, maybe it's time for another character to grab the spotlight. Perhaps a Grover-centric movie or maybe The Count, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie, - maybe even a surprise return of Kermit!

I don't know. What should the next Sesame Street movie be about?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
FTB was made in 1985 and EIGL was made in 1999,
They like to spread them out, don't expect anything until 2013-ish. :stick_out_tongue: There are not plans right now for another theatrical film - they are however, working on a Bert & Ernie around the world TV-movie planned for this fall.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i heard about a claymation Bert and Enrie spin off show... anyway... as i stated once b4... they should make a movie explaining why Grover decided to becaome Super Grover, and show his first mission.. maybe it could start out by Elmo asking Grover how his favorit Super Hero (SG) came about.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd like to see either a Count film (about his relations, history, how he became a vampire) or a Snuffy film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel that if a new SS movie were to be done, I'd love to see one focusing on Grover, mainly because he's enjoyed a surge of recent popularity, albiet with his new performer... I mean, 2 out of 3 DVD specials focused on him (Celibration of Grover, What's the Name of that Song?) he is the second SS character to have a balloon in the Macy Parade, and he was the holiday plush at said store, and he's the exclusive tour figure for Palisades' SS line.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I would love to see an "Adventures of Super Grover" Movie. Super hero movies are huge, and it's about time that Sesame fans and pre-schoolers got a fun and furry film that showcases a real hero - Grover. It has a big potential to be entertaining, heart-warming, fun, funny, touching, and educational all at once. Super Grover (or should I say Grover in general) is big right now (like Big-Bird in the 80's, and Elmo in the 90's). I would love to see a Grover movie some day, especially if it was about the super-helpful Super Grover.