Any news on the New Muppet Show?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
lol, I think that the whole Variety Show format is basically dead in the fact that there's nobody really doing it now. It's all basically sitcoms, or dramas. I think that they should do another Muppet Show with a lot of the original supporting cast, a couple of new characters, and without Pepe(sorry to all Pepe fans, I just don't think that the Muppets are any good with him in the line-up)

Daniel
they really should I agree a muppet sitcom is where it's at I think :smile:
Brian always tride to do it with other things but never really with the muppets themselves and I think thats where he went wrong he should have done a muppet sitcom instead Jim was heading in the right direction with muppet tv but see in my opinion brian took a step backwords in jims own work when he did muppets tonight...the thing that was so cool about muppet tv was that it was so dark and yet the characters where so bright and vibrant...
I do enjoy pepe but I'm not offended I think there allot of more interesting characters than him and clifford the characters that should have made more of an impact where Digit, lindberg, and Leon from the jim henson hour and in my opinion bobo from muppets tonight he was the big winner to me.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit. I mean, Pepe was funnt at first, in a quirky way, but he's kind of a one-joke thing, y'know?

There wouldn't be anything wrong with more straight-to TV or DVD movies from them. Thing is, we ain't gettin' any.

****** DISNEY - SELL THEM TO SOMEONE WHO WILL DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!!!!
like I said before I really think they should just let go all together of the classic characters and start something brand new.
Because to me thats whats missing these new people aren't jim and frank and anyone else they shouldnt be making them try to be some one they arent doing a character that isn't them. instead they should be doing a new show that has the characters they do. And bring in some other new guys who have interesting characters.
thats just my muppety opinion though.

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
like I said before I really think they should just let go all together of the classic characters and start something brand new.
Because to me thats whats missing these new people aren't jim and frank and anyone else they shouldnt be making them try to be some one they arent doing a character that isn't them. instead they should be doing a new show that has the characters they do. And bring in some other new guys who have interesting characters.
thats just my muppety opinion though.
Yeah - start something without 30 years of history - history can be baggage! That's why I'm glad the new Star Wars TV show will feature minor characters from the films.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
Yeah - start something without 30 years of history - history can be baggage! That's why I'm glad the new Star Wars TV show will feature minor characters from the films.
well thats kinda one of the reasons Jim was selling the muppets to Disney in the first place was that he still loved them but he wanted to move on...but he thought Disney at the time would be a safe place for his characters.
But To me Jim henson was a thinker and a dooer or is that dooser? hah I kille me :stick_out_tongue: But most people can't move on and that the problem..and when I say that I don't mean the fans I mean the henson family other than brian finally thank good..well in some aspects..the puppet improve is a stroke of genious it really should be a weekly show on abc or something.
once again just my opinions....and looking to the future...I sure wish I owned the muppets though I'd do allot with them and talk closely to the fans about what they think.

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
well thats kinda one of the reasons Jim was selling the muppets to Disney in the first place was that he still loved them but he wanted to move on...but he thought Disney at the time would be a safe place for his characters.
But To me Jim henson was a thinker and a dooer or is that dooser? hah I kille me :stick_out_tongue: But most people can't move on and that the problem..and when I say that I don't mean the fans I mean the henson family other than brian finally thank good..well in some aspects..the puppet improve is a stroke of genious it really should be a weekly show on abc or something.
once again just my opinions....and looking to the future...I sure wish I owned the muppets though I'd do allot with them and talk closely to the fans about what they think.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Come to thin of it, for all the complaining I've done about Disney, I also have to consider this... If I ran a compnay which had a chance to buy them, I sure would. And If I took over a company that had just bought them, I probably wouldn't sell them either.

Has Disney ever repsonded to a massive cry-out from fans for anything before (i.e., petitions, etc)?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Come to thin of it, for all the complaining I've done about Disney, I also have to consider this... If I ran a compnay which had a chance to buy them, I sure would. And If I took over a company that had just bought them, I probably wouldn't sell them either.

Has Disney ever repsonded to a massive cry-out from fans for anything before (i.e., petitions, etc)?
I don't think the fans have really made their voices heard to be quite honest..:smirk: And I mean besides on a muppet based website.

unclematt

Reaction score
There is an entire section on the show. It is a pretty good read.

beaker

Reaction score
I really wish I could post what I know...all I'll say is this:

...I've said nothing! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...*stares* ...*jaw drops*...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*collapses*

Teheheman

Reaction score
By that logic, you'll have to wait til 2009

Daniel