Any Hannah Montana Fans?

King Jim

Reaction score
Does anyone here watch the show Hannah Montana on Disney Channel? I started watching it last year in my spare time and now I love it. I'm also hopefully going to a concert in late December. But t would be great to hear if anyone here likes Hannah Montana.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite shows! I got hooked from the start! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
NEIN! NYET! NON!

I really have a strong dislike for all of Disney's Live action tweencoms. They are destroying the fabric of animation that I hold so dear in children's television. Cartoon Netwrok is doing Live action shows now because of this. As if their new shows weren't bad enough. (My Gym Partner's a Monkey?)

SSLFan

Reaction score
No one could ever top the success of That's So Raven.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Me and BabyScooter watched it the night it premiered withe our brothers and our cousins. :smile: Love Miley! :smile: I am older than her by exactly one week! :wink: lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget. Lizze McQuire was the first show to start this trend of tweenage screaming girls. Hanna Montana is basically just to make a new Lizzie as Hillary Duff is in her forties now, and pretending she's an artist.

Anyway, I hate all their shows (especially Zach and Cody). But I will say Raven is the only one of them who can ACT. She did, after all, have experiance with the Cosby Show. Too bad they didn't have her play Dorothy in OZ. She's a better actor, and she did work with the muppets when she was really young.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I love Hannah Montana! I don't know why, there's just *something* about it that I find very appealing.

I also love That's So Raven, Phil of the Future (which I fear is going the way of Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens... which were practically taken off the air days after I started watching Disney Channel :rolleyes: ), and Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Cory in the House isn't so bad either... but I love Hannah Montana the most!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Duff's not that old yet.

Ever hear of sarcasm? :wink:

The funny thing about Raven Simone's acting is that it really hasn't change or improved after all these years! I though she was really talented at three to hang with a comedian like Bill Cosby! It's just she hasn't really stretched her range and is depending too much on what she's always dint. And you know, the older she gets that more it shows just how much talent she really is lacking. Don't get me wrong, she really had a knack for making audiences genuinely laugh and didn't just seem or feel like a little kid who you we're just forced to put up with. But the more she's seems conscious about trying to be funny, the more desperate she seems at it. But I will admit that she is the most experienced person on that channel when it comes to the technical aspects of acting by comparison to the other stars on that channel. But I've wondered what would happen if you threw one of these kids to the lions and out them out on a real comedy stage where there are real people and that had to actually be funny and make then laugh with out the comfort of their 9-10 year old audience and an laugh sigh indicating to then when something is supposed to be funny assuming their not just a laugh track anyway.
Well she pretty much is the most talented in that whole group of Disney Tweencom actors. I mean, there's little more to these series than pedestrian gaggery and cheap laughs. People falling, holding large cakes worked on Sesame Street...hint hint... but it's just not funny here. Zach and Cody are especially suckling off the teat of Home Alone humor. Only Home Alone worked as a film.

And these shows are polluting regular non-pay poor people television (I.e. non-cable broadcast shows). That's 90% of ABC's Saturday line up. Eew.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
For me, its one of those shows that are so bad, its good. Its a show that I absolutly hate, but...theres something about it that makes me watch it.

Although, my favorite disney live action shows are Thats So Raven and Zack and Cody. Corey in the House is pretty good too. For being a spinoff of Raven it isnt that bad.

But I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Lizzie McGuire. I cant stand Hillary Duff! If I see that freaky face one second I want to rip my eyes out.

I also cant stand Phil of the Future. But nothing adds up to my hatred of Hillary Duff/Lizzie McGuire