1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Any Big Mean Carl fans?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

2. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

I read about that, as Sir Carl the Big Mean Dwarf Eater, though I haven't had a chance to find the comic. Who does he eat in that one? (Do we have Spoiler code tags here?)

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I haven't read it in months, but I think everyone who DOESN'T blow up.
  4. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Si! I so love Big Mean Carl! :flirt:

Time fer some Smashing Pumpkins....? *smash* :confused:
  5. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I don't own a copy of Muppet Snow White, but I did glance in it in a store once and the characters that I recall seeing get eaten by Carl and his monster buddies include:

-Bunsen
    -Beaker
    -Statler & Waldorf
    -Johnny Fiama & Sal
    -Beauregard
    -Mahna Mahna & the Snowths
    -Lips (who plays Bashful the dwarf in this comic)

I don't completely recall who ate who, but I remember that Sweetums (who plays the Huntsman and supposedly went back to being a bad guy despite reforming earlier in the story) ate Beauregard and that Thog had Beaker in his stomach.

IMO, I understand that they were just honoring one of several long-time Muppet traditions (eatings, explosions, throwing penguins in the air, etc.), but what they did here is kinda depressing a bit, especially since they go about eating characters that weren't meant to be eaten (especially poor, innocent ones like Lips) and some of the monsters (especially the "friendlier" ones like Sweetums and Thog) were rather out-of-character by eating other Muppets like that. :(

The least they could've done was show that the eaten characters had somehow managed to survive and escape from the monsters' guts and run away to safety when the monsters went to blow themselves up (again, out of acknowledging a long-time Muppet tradition) after eating them all.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm so hoping Carl is in the new movie!

I seem to have the uncanny ability to randomly find oddball Muppet pictures and videos, usually by chance
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I wrote a little quasi-complicated article about Big Mean Carl and his identity crisis which I am still promoting to get at least a few people talking about the depth that can be invented interpreted from the Muppets.
  8. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

I would love to see a plush toy of Carl! Remember his eating those animals on Muppets Tonight's game show "Swift Wits"?
  9. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

I'm surprised he didn't eat those pumpkins after smashing them! But maybe he doesn't like produce.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

11. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Carl, and bubbles come out of my head!
  12. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Bill the Bubble Guy: Hey, you stole my act!

*Carl eats Bill*
    galagr likes this.
  13. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Carl burps out a mouthful of bubbles O___O
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

15. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

You know, rexcrk, if you'd like to see more of him, you can get the episodes on YouTube. That's how bingboing and I came to have the entire second season on our computer...we download the episodes.
    (of course, I'm replying to this thread about A YEAR AND A HALF after you posted, so you might already know this. :rolleyes:)

Anyway, my favorite Big Mean Carl moment:

"OooOOOooh, I lo-ove this biscotti!"
    "Oh, but I hate these chimmichangas!"
  16. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I recently acquired a copy of Muppet Snow White, so for Dave Ebersole, here's an updated list of who eats who in the end:

-Carl eats Lips and Zoot
    -Gorgon Heap eats Statler
    -Big V eats Waldorf
    -Behemoth eats Mahna Mahna and the Snowths
    -Mean Mama eats Johnny Fiama (Sals jumps in after him, in an attempt to save him)
    -Sweetums eats Beauregard
    -Beautiful Day Monster eats Scooter
    -Thog eats Bunsen
    -Timmy Monster eats Beaker
    -Clueless Morgan, Polly Lobster and Mad Monty supposedly get eaten by a pair of vultures
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Im threadcromancing this post to celebrate the glorious return of Carl in the new Ce Lo and the Muppets music video!

All hail Carl!!!

[​IMG]
  18. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Hey! That's a great drawing of Big Mean Carl, beaker. All I know is he eats cute little bunnies. Eeeeeekkkkkk!
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

He also eats bagpipes, dummies, other cute little animals, and guys who blow bubbles out of their heads. Not to mention shiny bald heads.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I agree, that's a very nice drawing.

As for Big Mean Carl, I haven't really seen a lot of him, but I like what I've seen. I think Drtooth said it best in this thread a few years back, Carl has more Muppetiness to him than most other newer characters do from the MT era and onward.