Another TMS Outline!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
(DISCLAIMER: The opening act in this episode outline was used previously as a UK Spot for the Willie Nelson episode outline. However, in further discussion with Skeeter Muppet, I found that it could be the groundwork for a terrific running gag.)

SPECIAL GUEST STAR: DIANA KRALL

OPENING THEME

OPENING ACT: Boober Fraggle sings "Help! My Nerves!".

Statler: "Y'know something, Waldorf, I'd be shaken up too if I was on this show!"

BACKSTAGE: Boober is seen visibly freaking out backstage. Kermit (who's been talking to Floyd) makes a remark about this:

Kermit: "Say Boober, why don't you take a nice relaxing trip to the country?"

Boober: "Why?"

Kermit: "Oh, to soothe your jangled nerves."

Boober: "MY NERVES!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Kermit: "There goes one neurotic Fraggle."

Floyd: "You can say that again, green stuff!"

GUEST STAR: Diana Krall sings and plays "Peel Me A Grape" with Janice, Floyd (on upright bass), and Animal.

SKIT: "Muppet Newsflash". The Newsman reports that trucks carrying all shipments of nerve medicine have been diverted. As soon as he says this, Boober pops up again and screams "MY NERVES! AAAAAAHHHH!!!"

BACKSTAGE: Floyd and Clifford play "keep-away" with Boober's hat, causing him to scream again...despite the fact that it's his spare hat and he's wearing his normal one. Kermit tells them to lay off.

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital"--The puns keep flying as Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on Sam the Eagle.

UK SPOT: Rowlf plays and sings "We'll Gather Lilacs In The Spring"...and forgets that he's allergic to lilacs.

Statler: "I wish I could be allergic to this show!"

Waldorf: "Me too...but in a way I'm glad I'm not."

Statler: "Why is that? Are you some sort of masochist?"

Waldorf: "No...it's just that the more time I spend here, the less time I have to spend with Astoria!"

Both: "DOHHHH, ho ho ho..."

GUEST STAR: Diana Krall plays and sings "Hit That Jive, Jack" with the Electric Mayhem.

SKIT: Because Diana Krall is a jazz artist, Fozzie tries to do a beatnik comedy routine...but he's not that hip.

Statler: "I don't worry about being hip."

Waldorf: "Why's that?"

Statler: "Because at my age, I worry more about BREAKING my hip!"

BACKSTAGE: Rowlf, Janice, and Floyd are hanging out in the canteen, discussing Boober.

Floyd: "There stands one neurotic Fraggle."

Rowlf: "I feel sorry for the little guy."

Janice: "Yeah, like, his nerves are RULLY shot!"

Boober: "My..."

Rowlf, Floyd and Janice: "We know, we know."

CLOSING NUMBER: Diana Krall sings "Everybody's Song" with all the Muppets.

CLOSING THEME

Statler: "You know, sometimes this show can really work my last nerve."

(Boober pops up in the balcony)

Boober: "MY NERVES! AAAAAHHHH!!!!"

(and on the last phrase of music, when Zoot hits his low note, Boober is standing across from him. Zoot's low note knocks Boober's hat off his head, causing him to scream again.)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*grins* Yay, another one! Boy, have you just been on a creative streak or what, Matt? And it's got my favorite (or one of my favorite) running gags, too! :smile: Nice job.

-Kim