Another TMS Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: BOB McGRATH

SCOOTER: Bob McGrath, 15 seconds to curtain, Mr. McGrath!

BOB: Thanks, Scooter. You know, I came on this show for two reasons--one, to catch up with my old friend Kermit, and the other, to take a break from my neighborhood. A lot of nice folks there, but sometimes they can be a little weird. I'd like to hang out with some new folks that are down to earth.

SCOOTER: Boy, you picked the wrong show for that...

(At that moment, various Muppet monsters pop up, and Bob gives one of his infamous "They're nuts, but I deal with them" looks)

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Dr. Teeth introduces the rest of the band in the number "Where The Blues Were Born In New Orleans" (with modified lyrics).

STATLER: So now we've met the band...

WALDORF: That's good! Now we can address them before we throw tomatoes at them!

BOTH: DOHHHH, HO HO HO...

BACKSTAGE: Kermit is excited that he gets to see his friend Bob after all this time.

GUEST STAR: Bob sings "Morningtown Ride" to Bobby Benson's Baby Band, with a train station backdrop.

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy questions Bob about any girlfriends Kermit may have had on Sesame Street.

PIGGY: Uh, Robert, may I ask vous a question?

BOB: Sure, Piggy, what is it?

PIGGY: As vous know, Kermie is my sweetheart, my love, my reason for living. Did he have any...um...other love interests on Sesame Street?

BOB: Hmmm...not that I know of. However, he and Susan seemed to get along well...

PIGGY: SUSAN?! (yells upstairs) HEY SCOOTER, I'M GOIN' TO SESAME STREET TO HASH IT OUT WITH SUSAN!!!! (voice goes back to normal) But, uh, Robert...can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? (runs out)

BOB: Wait...wait...Susan's...(door slams) married...

THE SWEDISH CHEF: The Chef attempts to cook duck a l'orange...by taking a duck and painting it orange.

SKIT: Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphones attempt to play the Blue Danube. However, during the course of his act, the audience starts booing Marvin and yelling things like "Someone stop him!" and "This is inhuman!". Kermit and Bob, who are watching in the wings, are concerned about the health of the Muppaphones.

BOB: Kermit, aren't you going to do anything?

KERMIT: I think so...(notices Floyd and Animal walking past) Hey Floyd...(whispers something in Floyd's ear)

FLOYD: Animal! (points onstage) Bad man!

ANIMAL: BAD MAN! BAD MAN! BAD MAN!!!! (runs onstage and bites Marvin in the butt, ripping his pants as the Muppaphones cheer. Marvin runs off in disgrace.)

This only leaves the Muppaphones onstage. Bob comes on and leads them in "Sing After Me", saying they can make music without injuring themselves.

UK SPOT: Uncle Deadly sings "Reviewing The Situation".

TALK SPOT: Kermit and Bob chit-chat, and then Kermit rolls the Sesame Street clip of the two of them discussing frogs.

SONG: Gonzo, Fozzie, and various other Muppets sing "Sit Down, You're Rocking The Boat"...in an actual boat, which capsizes.

STATLER: Well, I've always said this show isn't a pleasure cruise...

WALDORF: Yeah! More like the Titanic!

BOTH: DOHHHH, HO HO HO...

"BACKSTAGE": Miss Piggy is still trying to find her way to Sesame Street.

CLOSING NUMBER: Bob leads the Muppets in a version of "Good Morning Starshine".

CLOSING THEME

(Instead of Statler and Waldorf, we see that Miss Piggy's finally made it to Sesame Street and sees Susan.)

SUSAN: Hi, I'm Susan!

PIGGY: STAY AWAY FROM MY FROG! HIIIII... (as she's about to hit Susan, Susan waves and spots someone else)

SUSAN: Oh, HI, Gordon!

PIGGY: YAAAA! (her karate chop hits a lamp post)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*laughs*

Oh boy, I've been waiting for this one Matt! Very inspired!

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That would be good. It would be nice to see more "Sesame Street" actors show up on the Muppet Show. By the way, I think Alan Arkin and Ruth Buzzi really did guest star on "The Muppet Show," but are on "Sesame Street" now. I just thought I'd add that bit of information. I really liked Miss Piggy's role in that script. That was perfectly in character for her. In fact, when I was reading those lines, I could almost hear Frank Oz saying them in his Miss Piggy voice. :smile:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Actually, Alan Arkin isn't on "Sesame Street" anymore. He was in the early 70's, he played a guy named Larry. Larry and his girlfriend Phyllis (I forget who played her) were in several skits that taught cooperation.

Ruth Buzzi *was* on "Sesame Street" in the mid-90's, but I haven't seen her lately. She definitely reversed the pattern by appearing on TMS first before Sesame Street.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Actually, Alan Arkin isn't on "Sesame Street" anymore. He was in the early 70's, he played a guy named Larry. Larry and his girlfriend Phyllis (I forget who played her) were in several skits that taught cooperation.
O.K., I guess I was thinking about Alan Maraoka. Sorry about that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great one T.M.!!!! I loved it, and was kinda sad that this couldn't be a real episode (you people make them seem so real, and I almost get lost in the moment). I mean, really! Out of all the fan fic episodes posted, this is the one I like the most!

BTW, Ruth Buzzi DOES appear on Sesame, one way or another. She does the voice over for Suzy Kabloozi animated segments!