Another TMS Outline--Special Guests WWE Superstars

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STARS: WWE SUPERSTARS KURT ANGLE, JEFF HARDY, CHRIS JERICHO, VINCE McMAHON, AND THE DUDLEY BOYZ

COLD OPENING: Kermit and Scooter talk to Mr. McMahon. Vince says he told his guys not to do anything stupid tonight...however that's sort of what Kermit and Scooter wanted them to do.

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Gonzo sings "Romania, Romania", yet constantly gets interrupted by Dr. Strangepork, the Swedish Chef, and Angus MacGonagle.

Waldorf: "I've seen people get deported for less than that!"

Statler: "Well, there was nothing less than that..."

Waldorf: "You old fool, now you're recycling jokes from 25 years ago!"

GUEST STAR: Gonzo and Jeff Hardy sit in a wrestling ring. Jeff says he's admired Gonzo for years, and would like to try one of Gonzo's stunts...so Gonzo "tag teams" with Jeff for a special act: performing the Mexican Waiter Dance atop twin 10-foot flagpoles in the middle of twin wading pools filled with piranhas. Gonzo and Jeff both fall off, and once they get out...Jeff says he'd like to try it again. So would Gonzo!

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital"--Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on both Gonzo and Jeff Hardy.

SKIT: Kurt Angle and Sam the Eagle team up to deliver an editorial about how they symbolize American patriotism, yet they're constantly interrupted by Statler and Waldorf, who keep yelling "What?" (on account of a couple of busted hearing aids).

UK SPOT: Rowlf plays and sings "Roses of Piccardy", one of whom is a reluctantly costumed Lanford. Naturally, Lanford tries to attack Rowlf before Mokey hauls him offstage.

BACKSTAGE: The Dudley Boyz are talking to Kermit and Animal. It isn't long before Mokey leaves Lanford with them to watch for a few minutes, and Lanford immediately goes after the Dudley Boyz. They tell Animal to get the table...and Lanford finds himself being driven through a Muppet table.

Animal: "TABLE! TABLE! TABLE!"

(and the Dudleys put Lanford through the table)

Table: "Oh well...it's a living."

SKIT: Fozzie's comedy act is interrupted by Chris Jericho and the Electric Mayhem, who thought that FOZZY was supposed to be on. Either way, Statler and Waldorf enjoy heckling both Fozzie AND Y2J.

CLOSING NUMBER: The WWE Superstars and Muppets team together and sing "If You Only Knew".

CLOSING THEME

Waldorf: "Those WWE superstars sure do some dangerous work!"

Statler: "Well, their careers are in danger just by appearing on THIS show!"

Both: "DOHHHH, ho ho ho..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great stuff, TravellingMatt! Tell the truth, did you base a little of this episode on the first SNL episode hosted by The Rock? The bit with the Dudleys and Animal was hilarious, probably my favorite bit. Perhaps the bit with Fozzie and Y2J could've been developed a little more to the point that the band performs a musical number at the end silencing their critics. But it was a good episode all around. Keep them coming!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Yes, I did base the bit with Kermit, Scooter and Vince McMahon on the Rock's first SNL appearance. The bit with the Dudley Boyz, Animal and the table was sort of based on "The Flintstones" too (whenever they had a prehistoric critter as a household appliance, it would make some offbeat remark about how it's a living).

I might have another WWE Superstars one too...the possibilities with those guys are endless. Booker T teaching Gonzo how to do a Spinaroonie would be pretty funny, and I'm sure I could think of some things for the Big Show, Edge, and Brock Lesnar to do also.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course you could come up with certain sketches or songs for those guys. Here's an idea...
The Big Show singing some sort of sweet-sounding lullaby to Robin accompanied by Sweetums. Either that, or get Brock Lesner to show off his F5 finisher after Miss Piggy tries to angrily karate-chop him. Though Booker T would fit right in at the Muppet Theatre thanks to all the moviehouse or cinematic sketches he's already pulled off with Golddust.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Heck, GOLDUST would fit in perfectly at the Muppet Theatre. The possibilities for Muppet interaction with him are endless. He could persuade Kermit to be his tag team partner, Greendust...or Gonzo could be threatened by him because he's so bizarre, and Gonzo's used to being the weirdest one in the theatre (something I used for my They Might Be Giants outline, but at least Gonzo wouldn't challenge them to a wrestling match in a ring filled with horseradish and bratwurst).