Another TMS Outline--Special GUest Star Billy Idol!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST: BILLY IDOL

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: In a setting reminiscent of Camelot, Miss Piggy sings "Then You May Take Me To The Fair" with Uncle Deadly, Boppity, and Gloat. Kermit is Lancelot. When Piggy hears about what the monsters plan to do to Kermit, she beats them all senseless.

Waldorf: "Wow, those monsters sure can take a beating."

Statler: "So can we! We come here each week!"

BACKSTAGE: The gang gets "punked out" wardrobe wise in honor of Billy Idol, one of punk's founding fathers. Scooter has his hair in spikes and he's wearing a black leather jacket and ripped white t-shirt. Sam immediately objects. He really freaks out when he sees Crazy Harry with the pyrotechnics for the closing number...numerous fireworks, flash bombs, and other explosives. Everyone else thinks it's going to be cool.

GUEST STAR: Billy Idol sings "Rebel Yell" with the Electric Mayhem backing him up.

SKIT: "Muppet Newsflash"

Newsman: "Here's a Muppet Newsflash. Dateline--Minneapolis, Minnesota. Billionaire Kenneth C. Durban has returned from a historic feat--a walk around the world. The feat took him 27 years. When asked about his travels, he simply said, 'I had a blast...'"

(Enter Crazy Harry)

Crazy Harry: "Did somebody say BLAST?" *BOOM* "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Tonight's top story--Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice operate on the Newsman.

UK SPOT: Miss Piggy sings "Wouldn't It Be Loverly" with Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Robin.

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo is a bit worried about the pyrotechnics for the closing number. He's not worried about being insured...he's worried that the explosions won't be big enough, despite the fact that Crazy Harry knows what he's doing....so he throws in two vats of sulfuric acid.

SKETCH: The Swedish Chef tries to conduct a taffy pull, but ends up getting stuck to his ingredients.

SKETCH: Fozzie Bear does a comedy routine about punk rock music. Statler and Waldorf heckle him anyway despite the fact that they have no idea what he's talking about.

CLOSING NUMBER: Billy Idol sings "Do You Want It?" (the Mean Genie's song from Fraggle Rock) with the Electric Mayhem backing him up. At song's end, Crazy Harry lets loose with his special effects display as fireworks and flash bombs go off, flames erupt (think some of the pyro for Kane on WWE Wrestling), and Billy and the Mayhem destroy their equipment. When this dazzling display ends, Billy and the Mayhem are nowhere to be found (having disappeared backstage during the light show), and the stage is in pretty bad shape.

Waldorf: "Could you believe that?"

Statler: "At least they blew up the right part of the theatre..."

Both: "THE STAGE! DOHHHH, HO HO HO..."

CLOSING THEME

Waldorf: "Well, what did you think of this week's show?"

Statler: *surveying the damaged stage* "I got a bang out of it!"

Crazy Harry: "Did somebody say BANG?" *BOOM* "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another good outline by TravellingMatt! Has anybody else seen this one? Guess it wasn't up to standard cause there weren't any alternate Muppet crossovers, maybe you could've brought in Billy Idle singing "Rebel L', but I loved your decision to bring back Crazy Harry and make him part of the show's running gag. These outlines are so funny I've got to try coming up with one during the holiday break.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Wow, this one is terrific from start to finish!

One question though Matt: when we were talking about this earlier, I suggested that when the stage gets blown up in the closing number the goodnights should then take place in the orchestra pit. I thought you said you were going to use that. Or is it implied?

Still quite good tho.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
excellent. I think one of the muppets should wear the a shirt with the "Anarchy A" on it and Sam passes out.

and i'd like to know what Fozzie's jokes are...

man, i've gotta make an outline 1 of these days.