Another Muppet Show Outline-Special Guest Lily Tomlin

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST: LILY TOMLIN

COLD OPENING: Scooter tells Lily Tomlin she has 15 seconds to curtain, but "Ernestine the Telephone Operator" says she'll notify Lily. "One ringy-dingy...two ringy-dingies..."

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Rowlf, in tribute to his former employer, sings "Big Bad John" with the jugband. Gonzo plays Big Bad John and gets trapped in a mine.

Statler: "Well, for once Gonzo got lucky!"

Waldorf: "How so?"

Statler: "Now he won't have to see the rest of the show!"

BACKSTAGE: Crazy Harry blasts Gonzo out of the mine, and naturally Gonzo comes flying backstage ("Are you OK?" "Never been better! What a rush!"). Meanwhile, Scooter is learning how to speak mock Swedish.

SKETCH: Muppet Newsflash. The Newsman interviews Edith Ann (Lily), who was rescued from a well by her dog Buster...or did she rescue BUSTER from the well? Either way, the Newsman gets the truTHHHHHHHHHHHH...

BACKSTAGE: Lily tries to quiz Scooter on his mock Swedish phrases, however he hasn't fully gotten a grip on them yet...

Lily: "What does this phrase mean...*says a sentence in mock Swedish*"

Scooter: "Hmmm, I know this one! When your heart is breaking, be lucky you don't have an octopus in your kitchen!"

Lily: *facepalms* "Hit the books again, Scooter."

SONG: "The Donkey Serenade"...Wayne & Wanda attempt to sing this classic from the 1930's, but Leroy the Donkey apparently has a better idea..kicking them both offstage (literally).

Waldorf: "I never knew the donkey was a music critic!"

Statler: "It's his seond job. He's only doing that because the ocelot called in sick!"

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: The Swedish Chef is the patient, as Scooter attempts to translate, thus annoying Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and especially Nurse Piggy.

UK SPOT: The Electric Mayhem perform the song "Psycho", Dr. Teeth on lead vocals.

BACKSTAGE: Scooter finds out, much to his delight, that Beaker is fluent in Swedish and can help him out.

Beaker: "Meep meep meep meep meep meep meep!"

Scooter: "Beaker! I had no idea you spoke Swedish!"

Beaker: "Meep meep meep meep MEEP, meep MEEPMEEPMEEP meep meep meep!"

Scooter: *mock Swedish*

Beaker: "Meep meepmeep meepmeepmeep meep meep meep!"

Kermit: "That was Swedish?! What did he just SAY?"

Scooter: "Oh, you heard him, Boss! He said...*repeats whatever it was Beaker said, in mock Swedish*"

Kermit: "WILL YOU TWO GET OUTTA HERE?!"

SKETCH: The Swedish Chef. The Chef is trying to make Greek salad, but is interrupted by bouzouki-playing avocados and two overzealous translators (Scooter & Beaker).

CLOSING NUMBER: Lily Tomlin sings "I've Got You, Babe" with the Electric Mayhem and a special guest...Scred!

GOODNIGHTS: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Scred, Beaker, Gonzo, and the Swedish Chef join Lily in front of the red curtain

CLOSING THEME

(Scooter's in the balcony with Statler & Waldorf)

Statler: *mock Swedish*

Waldorf: "What'd he say?"

Scooter: "You DON'T wanna know."

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Yay, Scred! That is one of my favorite classic SNL moments. :smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
And so the mock Swedish speaking gag is revealed to the world...or at least the denizens of Muppet Central.

Matt, I blame you for it entirely :wink:

-Kim