Another Muppet Show Episode Idea

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: THE ROCK

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: The Electric Mayhem and various other Muppets perform "Good Lovin'".

BACKSTAGE: The Rock tells Kermit that he hopes no one takes his wrestler persona seriously. No sooner does he say this than a giant monster challenges him to a match.

MUPPET NEWSFLASH:

Newsman: Here's a Muppet newsflash! Dateline: THe Muppet Show. Apparently the Muppet Theatre is located in a falling rock zone...

(The Rock falls on the newsman)

Newsman: Well, who didn't see THAT coming? (faints as Rock raises his eyebrow)

STATLER: So tonight's guest star is the Rock...

WALDORF: It was a matter of time before this show hit rock bottom!

BOTH: DOHHHH, HO HO HO...

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on Beaker, who gets scared every time anyone approaches him with anything.

BACKSTAGE: The Rock tells Gonzo he's sick of being pigeonholed into doing action movies and wrestling. Gonzo talks the Rock into doing HIS projected act of the evening...shooting out of a cannon onto a trampoline, then bouncing off of it into a vat of creamed corn.

SONG: Robin sings "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon".

UK SKIT: Rowlf and Uncle Deadly sing "Decomposing Composers".

TALK SPOT: Kermit chit-chats with the Rock, but is constantly interrupted by giant monsters who want to wrestle.

SKIT: "At The Dance"

SKIT: The Rock does Gonzo's act, and enjoys it.

STATLER: Well, the Rock's wrestled a lot of people over the years...

WALDORF: But trying to leave this show with some dignity is one adversary he'll NEVER pin down!

BOTH: DOHHHH, HO HO HO...

CLOSING NUMBER: The Rock sings "Are You Lonesome TOnight?" with Miss Piggy. He then adds as an aside, "From what Kermit tells me, you sure are", and Miss Piggy karate chops him.

CLOSING THEME

STATLER: So what's the Rock going to do next?

WALDORF: I heard he's forming a tag team with Gonzo--The Rock 'n' Schlock Connection!

BOTH: DOHHH, HO HO HO...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
No fan of The Rock am I, but this is more funny stuff.

A person shooting himself out of a cannon into a vat of creamed corn... I had that idea a few years ago, albeit with some different additional details.

Never heard of the song "Decomposing Composers", but it sounds like a great UK Spot. You're also dead on in the fact that many UK Spots did feature Rowlf. Dr. Bob, I think you've got it.

"I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" WOULD be a good number for Robin. Good thinking.

Did you get a chance to read my Muppet Show idea? It's in the Muppet Show idea outline thread. Let me know what you think.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap, I did read your Muppet Show outline and loved it! Billy Joel would've been PERFECT for the Muppet Show in its prime.

And here are the words to "Decomposing Composers". I discovered this song on a comedy CD, "Monty Python Sings", many years ago. In thinking about UK spots, I thought this song would be perfect for a Rowlf/Uncle Deadly duet, especially because I think Uncle Deadly was a sorely underused Muppet.

DECOMPOSING COMPOSERS
Words and music by Michael Palin

Beethoven's gone but his music lives on,
And Mozart don't go shoppin' no more
You'll never meet Liszt or Brahms again,
And Elgar doesn't answer the door

Schubert and Chopin used to chuckle and laugh
Whilst composing a long symphony
But one hundred and fifty years later,
There's very little of them left to see.

CHORUS:
They're decomposing composers,
There's nothing much anyone can do,
You can still hear Beethoven
But Beethoven cannot hear you.

Handel and Haydn and Rachmaninoff
Enjoyed a nice drink with their meal
But nowadays no one will serve them
And their gravy is left to congeal

Verdi and Wagner delighted the crowds
With their highly original sound,
The pianos they played are still working
But they're both six feet underground

CHORUS:
They're decomposing composers,
There's less of them every year,
You can say what you like to Debussy,
But there's not much of him left to hear.

SPOKEN:
Claude Achille Debussy, died 1918. Christopher Willebald Gluck, died 1787. Carl Maria von Weber, not at all well 1825, died 1826. Giacomo Meyerbeer, still alive 1863, not still alive 1864. Modeste Mussorgsky, 1880 going to parties, no fun any more 1881. Johan Nepomuk Hummel, chatting away nineteen to the dozen with his mates down the pub every evening 1836, 1837 nothing.