Another long time no see Sesame Street viewing

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
This morning, I was fortunate enough to be home during the day, and I was able to watch 2 episodes of Sesame Street that aired on my PBS station.

The first one I had never seen before, and to me it seemed like somewhat of a Sesame Street Spin Off. It was all about Baby Bear's first day of school, and it had other nursery Rhyme charachters in it as well. The only regulars that were in it was Telly and Alan, very briefly at the beggining. That's why it was just like a Sesame Street Spin off. They could very easily make a series out of Baby Bear's new class. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. I wonder if that's the idea they had when this episode was made? I could totally feel for Baby Bear in this episode. It brought back the memories of the feelings I had on my first day of School, and how badly I missed my mom and dad, and my home. I sure wish they would have aired an episode like this back then. It would have helped me tremendously. This is an outstanding epsiode for little kids. Papa Bear really made Baby Bear feel better when he said he was proud of him .Well in Journey to Ernie, it seemed to take place in San Francisco. There was a part where this guy gets out of his car, and offers to sell Big Bird his car (actually that wouldn't be too uncommon in San Francisco) but his car falls apart soon after. I thought this would have made a perfect cameo for Lefty. They should have put him in that part. Can you imagine how cool that would have been? There was however one classic moment in this episode. The original Jim Henson Ernie singing "That's what friends are for" This was one of my favorites as a kid. It's funny how relentless Ernie is in this one. I'm glad theyr'e still somewhat keeping the a few of the old things alive. Trash Gordon was a little different, this one had all of the other worms in it. Which was good because I haven't seen Slimey's pals in years.

The next episode that aired was actually a rerun that I remember from 2 years ago and was awsome. It was so good, I wish more of the shows were like this. It was Bert's Birthday, and as a present to Bert, Ernie decides to leave the apartment and give the Bert a nice quiet day to himself. It shows you that Ernie really is a true caring person. He goes out to the street and plays Basketball with Gordon and Miles, and says the "Snuffle Alphabet with Big Bird and Snuffy, and plays follow the leader with Big Bird and the Birdkateers, but Bert starts to miss Ernie and comes out to SS to look for him. It reminds me of something they would have done years ago a 5 star episode in my opinion.