ANOTHER Late Notice: Kermit on Fox News' "The Live Desk" 12/8/06

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Speaking of LATE notices, Kermit was on Fox News Channel Friday afternoon during the 1pm hour on a show called "The Live Desk." I was flipping through and caught about only two minutes of the interview.

Luckily, I recorded it and some of the highlights--that I saw--included:

Kermit, as an "amphibitarian," draws the line at "interspecies marriage."

Asked on his take on the whole Britney-not-wearing-panties episode, Kermit said he "understood there were differences between amphibians and mammals," and that "I've been appearing naked since the '50s, nobody cares."

Asked about his celebrity, Kermit says he doesn't think of himself as a big star, and that going to the swamp keeps him grounded. "When you're that close to the ground, you stay grounded." He also said that "you gotta know your place on the food chain."

Asked about--you guessed it--PIGGY staying "grounded," he said she has "a tendency for not being terribly humble." He also said when they tried to get her into NYC the day before, she was held up at customs because of the trans-fat ban.

The show's host, Martha MacCallum, told Kermit that she was watching "The Muppet Christmas Carol" with her kids the other day, and asked how he got into the role of Bob Cratchit. He said he "researched and researched" the book and that the movie was very close to the actual book. About Michael Caine, he said one of his acting tips is that he never blinks, and told MacCallum that, "You will notice, that at no point in this interview, will I blink." He said his advantage were "clearer eyelids."

Kermit also told the audience, near the end of the interview, "Don't let the green onion thing get you off of green," referencing the whole Taco Bell thing.

Soooo, all-in-all, good interview--the part I saw. Kermit was as sharp as ever, and the host seemed to have a good time as well. I just wish I knew about it ahead of time so I could have seen the whole thing, but so is life.

Laterz!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i also saw this it was at work in the break room and when kermit was on everyone stoped and when he was funny everyone laughed. People love the muppets if they where on prime time tv with good stuff people would watch it.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks Big Bird Fan!

Just got done watching it, and I've gotta say, I'm liking Steve's live performances better and better. His speaking voice was wonderful (he had to have had some sort of cold for that car show bit), and the jokes weren't even bad this time.

Yay for Steve! And even bigger Yay's for Kermit!!
:smile:
Anthony

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
It did have Piggy bashing a little, but I thought is was more classic comedy than a cheap shot.

And Big Bird Fan, the wedding in MTM was part of the play, so it isn't dictating an actual marriage.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The sound on my computer isn't working, But I'm glad to see him getting some air time and them taking him seriously. So good Job!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
just watched it thank you Big Big Bird Fan. That was cute I actully enjoyed this one.
I still would like to make the comment that This Kermit still does things that bother me...when steve goes uh hu mmhmm ok uh hu...that to me makes Kermit sound smug I really wish he'd stop that lol