Another Family Guy Reference? You Be the Judge

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

With all the references to the Muppets we have seen on "Family Guy", there may be another one (though obscure). Although, you can decide for yourselves:

At the end of the episode One If By Clam, Two If By Sea an obviously inexperienced insurance agent is on the case to unmask Nigel's insurance fraud scheme.

At the end of the episode, Nigel confesses to Lois that he burned down the pub and framed Peter. The insurance agent bursts out of the closet and says:

"Mr. Pinchley, I heard everything! What you've done is a textbook example of insurance..." here he squints at the open textbook and is supposed to say 'fraud', but instead says "Froud!"

Yep, he says the word "Froud" loud and clear. Now even though it's supposed to be a display of this agent's mispronunciation of the word "fraud", there just might be a Dark Crystal or Labyrinth fan among the folks who keep slipping those Muppet references in.

If the clip comes on YouTube, I'll post it here so you guys can check it out and decide for yourselves.

Convincing John

Teheheman

Reaction score
Or, you could just watch the DVD if you have it.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
while we're on the subject, the end of "North by North Quahog" features Mount Rushmore talking to itself. I just counted that one, myself.

(BTW: I don't think Froud is totally a refference... it could just be a malaprop)

Convincing John

Reaction score
Could be. Then again, you never know if some references are intended or not. Kind of like that Dr. Teeth reference you found here.

Since there's Muppet fans (obviously) among the Family Guy writing staff, I just wondered if some of these same guys may be Froud fans as well.

The talking Mt. Rushmore...I'll have to look that one up.:cool:

Convincing John

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Or, you could just watch the DVD if you have it.

Daniel
Is that episode on DVD yet? I thought it was from the fifth season, which hasn't been released on DVD yet.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I believe that it is part of the 2nd volume, or the first one, I can't remember.

Daniel

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I don't think it was. I believe the only refs to the Dark Crystal have been on South Park and Billy and Mandy. I would watch that episode again if my brother hadn't taken all the Family Guy dvds to college with him.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
(BTW: I don't think Froud is totally a refference... it could just be a malaprop)
wait you mean it's one of those pink things from the dom delaweese(sp) episode of the muppet show? hahaha

alorindanya

Reaction score
I didn't catch what was going on, but all I heard was Stewie say "I'm sure they meant Fragglie Rock."