1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Annoying Characters

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, May 29, 2012.

1. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Now, I will grant you that. You're right about the fact that Junior's character did seem to gain depth over time. I guess that's true of most of the characters in the series (Or any good series in general.) I can't say that isn't true. Like I've said numerous times, the guy serves his purpose, I guess, but it is a personal dislike I have for him. His personality and voice grate on my nerves. Sometimes I just want to yell at the TV "Stop being an idiot for 5 minutes so we can move this plot along already!"
    But his depiction as a lonely, misunderstood and sort of thick headed lug are actually spot on. There are a lot of people like him out there...So THAT part is cleverly written for sure!
  2. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Okay, how about this guy for another one that gets on my nerves...

Roosevelt Franklin.
  3. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Awww...I'm sorry. :( But if you look in the Hensonville thread 90% of my posts have Robin in them. So you'll obviously see I love Robin. ;)
    Lola p likes this.
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Why sorry? It's just a joke.
    And about the Hensonville thread, it's so long I don't even bother to read it. Maybe for another day…
  5. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I THINK BIG MEAN CARL IS REALLY ANNOYING!!!
  6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Okay, I have something to announce..... WWWWWHHHHHAAAATTTTTTT???????? How could anyone hate Roosevelt Franklin? :shifty:
    bandit likes this.
  7. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

Or Big Mean Carl!?!?!?
    galagr and bandit like this.
  8. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hahah! What can I say? Easily? I just don't. ^.^ He's trying too hard.
  9. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

And carl just eats stuff, and talks loud. And is somebody for it.
  10. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

But Carl is the essence of all monsters, a big hungry lump that'll eat anything. Not to mention Animal, whom also eats stuff ( less often ) and talks loud, is mainstream.
  11. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I LOVE ROBIN TOO!

*Hugs Katzi*
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Alright, not to harp on the Gorg thing but I do have something to add about that.
    So I rewatched some episodes of Fraggle Rock and it came to 'The Gorg Who Would Be King.' Despite myself, I did actually warm up to him a little more in this episode. I wont say I like the guy. I still find him annoying, over all, but in this particular episode there was a real sweetness and gumption in him that comes out this episode. I liked that. ^_^

But aside from that, my opinion stands.
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

One of my favorite lines in the series: "Oh Daddy, you don't anything about being king. Or you would never have dropped that bomb..."
    bandit likes this.
  14. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

It's the whole bomb moment I actually really coudn't help but like him. Well that and when he kind of put together how everything was tied in together. Growing radishes, making doozer sticks and eating radishes. That was pretty astute for old block head there. But the way he was so frantic to get the bomb out of there was pretty touching. I liked him alot then.
    heralde likes this.
  15. AquaGGR

AquaGGR Active Member

I always thought Rizzo was kinda annoying. All he seems to do is eat and make snarky comments. His voice gets to me sometimes, too.