Annoying Characters

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The thing about Junior is that he seems like an idiot, but in time he becomes quite smarter than his father. That's somewhere in the last season, and I've only heard about it (didn't get that set yet)... I wonder if that's a TV trope. A dumb character that becomes competent and heroic by the series end... there has to be one, but I don't know what it's called.
Perhaps that could be called a Late Bloomer or something. Sometimes it just takes people a little longer to get it. By the way, the final season episode The Gorg Who Would Be King definitely proves that Junior gets it more than his father ever did, it's really good.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I personally don't really like Traveling Matt that much, but yet I sometimes find him funny. Very weird.

bandit

Reaction score
I personally don't really like Traveling Matt that much, but yet I sometimes find him funny. Very weird.
NO! I'm totally with you. I fast forward most of his bits but every once in a while, something will strike me kind of funny...like his total misinterpretation of bubblegum.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
One of his moments that I like is when he gets messed up about holes, and thinks that they are very dangerous.

bandit

Reaction score
Oh yeah! The fishing net postcard. I remember that. He'd probably be a heck of a lot more likeable if he didn't strut around with that undeserved sense of accomplishment.

Borples

Reaction score
Oh, man, Uncle Matt. Like I said before, by the time I finished the whole series I'd come to love all the characters. But Matt is one of my least favorite Fraggles, as far as that goes. I feel so guilty about it, because Dave Goelz has cited him as one of his favorite characters to play. I feel like I should appreciate him more.

Borples

Reaction score
Oh yeah! The fishing net postcard. I remember that. He'd probably be a heck of a lot more likeable if he didn't strut around with that undeserved sense of accomplishment.
Wellllll...not totally undeserved. Granted, he's not nearly as smart, resourceful or brave as he thinks he is. But he IS the only Fraggle with the guts to explore Outer Space. That has to count for something. Still, though. Arrogance is annoying.

bandit

Reaction score
Dave Goelz is a downright GENIUS and there is so much that we can appreciate his talent in that I don't feel the least bit guilty in saying that Matt's a pain in the---

I don't like him! I don't like him or Junior or Mudwell....Ugh!
I know this is some major Fraggle blasphemy but....So what?! That's the truth.

Then again, maybe Dave LIKES playing annoying characters. Its something like playing a villain. Maybe portraying a personality that gets under people's skin like chiggers in the summertime is what he enjoys and gets out of it. :confused: Who can say?

bandit

Reaction score
Wellllll...not totally undeserved. Granted, he's not nearly as smart, resourceful or brave as he thinks he is. But he IS the only Fraggle with the guts to explore Outer Space. That has to count for something. Still, though. Arrogance is annoying.
It's not -guts- exactly. You know what they say, P....IGNORANCE is bliss. If he knew half the things he was facing out there, he might be more concerned. I tend to think he is so proud of himself that he thinks he can overcome nearly anything....
Well....except maybe lawn gnomes and white paint. *GASP* Oh no! Not that.

Borples

Reaction score
Ooooooh...you just said you don't like Mudwell. Here, have a shield to hide behind when people start throwing tomatoes. :wink:

Well, Dave liked getting on Gobo's nerves anyway. I think I remember him saying that his favorite thing about playing Matt was when he came back to the Rock and wound up embarassing the heck out of his nephew.