Annoyances Copying from Microsoft Word

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi there Phil, I have a few grievances to take up... :stick_out_tongue:

When I just tried to copy a chpater of my fan-fiction into a post from Microsoft Word, I had troubles because of the size function apparently being disable now and still the u201D problem with quotation marks copied from Word. It's relaly annoying having to go back and edit the entire chapter two or three times. Hope there's something you can do to fix these issues! Thanks! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Prawny. Can't rully help solve the matter, since this is of a technical computer coding nature. But in helping to rid u201D's from fanfic chapters I have found that... It only really happens when you have quotes that end in anything other than commas. If you have a quote that ends in a question or exclamation mark, post, then try to change that that's when you'll get the u201D code. So I'd probably make two copies of the chapter in two different Word windows. Keep one perfect, then take the one in the second window and convert all quotes there so they end in commas. Copy that second copy and post it here. Then compare against the original and try to either replace or edit your post so that it matches up perfectly. Frankly, I don't have these problems as I operate with the beginner's basic of WordPad. Always have and always will.

Hope this helps somewhat. Maybe it made sense. Then again, maybe I should bring back my own quoted saying instead of using everybody else's that have become standards here at MC.
Oh well... Spook ya later Reginald Duke o' Chutney.