Announcing the MuppetCast

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would have to agree with you, Speed Tracer. It was the coolest one. Can't wait for the next one!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Great podcasts stephenjlizard :big_grin:

Can't wait for the next one :zany:

Luke

Reaction score
I think these are fantastic. It'd be good if maybe people could send in questions on the voicemail and perhaps they could try and get the Muppet Studios or Henson to answer them, or even do mini-interviews with people like Jim Lewis. You could even get a Muppet impression contest running or something. That'd make for some good audio. I think with this podcast and the Muppet newscast it makes a good all round source for getting the latest Muppet news all the time, wherever you are. The only other suggestion i'd make is to just pick up the pace a little bit, have things a bit more short and zippy.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
These are all good ideas, thanks! Yes, listening back to the show yesterday, I thought the news segment ran a little long. I'm in the process right now of getting solid segments together, and starting some contests. I'm also setting up a forum page to correspond with the show.

:smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Late last night, after listening to the second episode (for a second time - it holds up very well!), I made a list of possible ideas for future episodes of the show. I accidentally deleted the document (argh!) but I still remember several things I wrote. My favorite was one that Luke suggested, which was a Muppet impressions contest! That idea stemmed from reading the summary of MuppetFest by Tom Holste here on Muppet Central. It was supposedly going to happen at MuppetFest, but did not. This would be a great way to revive Tom's great idea.

I really think it could work. People who wanted to participate could send in their impressions through the MuppetCast voicemail, and you could run them all in an episode (although you'd probably have to find a way to narrow down the number of impressions in that episode), and then we, the people, could vote on our favorites through the voicemail service. It's genius, I tell ya! Also, the winners could receive something special. Like candies.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i think its just a case of keeping each item quite tight so it gives you time to fit in everything you wanted, and kinda mixing that with enough of the audio clips and music you've been including to give it a bit of variety with all the spoken stuff. As with the Muppet impressions (which could even be people doing jingles for the show) you'd have a bit of fun content, and once you start getting interviews with Henson people or even fan questions or reviews, it will all mix together very nicely. I think this has the makings of something really big like the wiki or the newsflash.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I like this idea. A lot. A whole lot, in fact. I'm thinking if people wanted to record these to an mp3 file and email them to the show, that would work well. I should be able to gin up a web page where you guys can listen to the impressions and vote. Maybe have a couple different categories, where in one category you're judging, say, the best Kermit or Elmo impression, and another category of best overall impression. Yeah, I like that. I'll see about maybe opening this up in the near future.

:smile:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Thanks Luke, I hope so too! There's another podcast that used to do a segment called the Muppet Minute. That podcast is called MouseGuest Weekly, and is found at mouseguest.com. There's another podcast called Inside the Magic, found at distantcreations.com/insidethemagic. It's a fantastic podcast, and one of the co-hosts, "Skipper Ben", actually worked for a while at MuppetVision 3D. He has related some great stories on that show, and maybe he'll enlighten us on The MuppetCast as well. He has a section for his own correspondence on the Inside the Magic forums.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I just heard the newest episode. Loved it. It's a few minutes longer than the first two, but it actually feels shorter. Kudos!

And you, sir, have a wonderful singing voice.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey there, Steve. I'm very impressed by the professionalism and research you put into the podcasts. I'll certainly be listening to every episode, and hope to contribute one day.