Announcing: "Janice: 'Fer Sure!'"

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
and actully appeared in the guest stars room in the Harry Belafonte episode too. She's in there when he starts singing "Turn the World aound". So to be more precise it's tha hse one ly had one significant appearancein a guests dressing room. However, I have a picture that shows Anne Murray in the dressing room with Janice, Floyd, Zoot and Teeth. Haven't seen the episode o I'm not sure, but you might want to doubl check that fact. Other than hat, great site!!
Yeah Matt, a few people have commented on the guest star thing, and that's what I meant---Linda Ronstadt's was the only one where Janice appeared ALONE with the guest star and had a significant scene with dialogue only between her and the guest (the 2 other backup thingys came in after Linda and Janice had started talkin').

And yep, I've seen "Of Muppets and Men", and seen the pic. :wink: As a matter of fact, Scott "scarecroe" sent me that pic, and I have it up in the rare pics now! :big_grin:

Thanks for likin' the site! :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
Byronious....

Where the heck do I find the books? What's the titles?? I NEED THEM!!

By the way, I've conversed with Guy Gilchrist before...KEWL, HUH!?
Kevin, you find 'em where you can get 'em! lol Try ebay and other "used book" sites, and SCOUR the children's book sections in flea markets and antique stores...

And the titles are on the Comics page---read the intro closely, buddy. :wink: lol :big_grin:

You actually met one of the brothers, that's cool! Where and how?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Byron

Originally posted by frogboy4
Great stuff! Fer Sure! Glad you finally got it uploaded! Janice has deserved her own site for a long time. Hmmm, won't Mokey get jealous?
Hey, thanks, buddy! And "rully", THANK you SOOOOO much for those AWESOME DVD scans!!! :big_grin:

And don't worry much 'bout Mokey...If I get my hands on some great sources, my kinship with her will come to internet fruition. lol :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!

Guy is more of a "conversing" via email a few times; not a meeting in person, although he has been in Memphis and one of my best buds (you know, Lin--the guy who plays Beetlejuice) has met him and got a free Nancy drawing!

I wouldn't be so lucky!

Well, later on,
FOZ

tygerbug

Reaction score
Heck with Nancy, get a Muppet drawing!

I'd say get a Janice drawing, but I just checked out Byron's site and Janice's design seems to change with every strip even then so I dunno if he'd remember how to do her today! I know he can still do Kermit tho.

I'm actually not surprised you've met him Fozzie ... considering your webpage link is for southern cartoonists ... Guy and Brad are Connecticut folk, but Guy has always had a country music heart. Which gave him a chance to annoy me growing up. =) I didn't mind his Elvis fixation tho.

Great work on the site Byron! I love all the pics, considering they're gorgeous quality DVD caps. The Where's Waldo stuff is waaaayy too small for these eyes though!

Obviously, thanks especially for posting those strips. Someone was talking about the Gilchrist version of Janice in another thread and heck if I could actually remember what that version looked like. She actually reminds me a bit of the Gina Cappucino character in his strip "The Rock Channel" ... dad was always partial to drawing blondes and that may be another thing I can chalk up to me mum ...

I'm amazed you have all those old books. A true Muppamaniac. I think the only one you're missing is "Moving Right Along," which was a nicer Garfield-sized book and woulda been more scannable ...

tygerbug

Reaction score
This accidentally got posted twice when I was clicking "back" on my browser.

Fer sher.

And this thing won't lemme delete it, but it will lemme edit it.

Rully.

But lemme use this to toss in some non-Janice Muppet strips. Some of his favorites I assume since they're at his site. I think he had a knack for Piggy.

http://WWW.GILCHRISTSTUDIOS.COM/bookstore/muppets/mupcomics.ASP

tygerbug

Reaction score
Here, this is the best I can do at 2:48 in the morning. =)

This was a fun thing, but tough. I threw out like rilly about 8 drawings. I now know why dad's Janices look different from strip to strip. She's, like, rilly deceptively hard to draw. Fer sher.

(For designs I like the strip between her and Piggy about gossip the best ... although Piggy calls her Janis! Like Janis Joplin ...)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by tygerbug
I'm actually not surprised you've met him Fozzie ... considering your webpage link is for southern cartoonists ... Guy and Brad are Connecticut folk, but Guy has always had a country music heart. Which gave him a chance to annoy me growing up. =) I didn't mind his Elvis fixation tho.
Hiya,

I didn't meant to make it seem that I've met him, tho I'd LOVE to!! And a Muppet Drawing, something like, I dunno...FOZZIE...would be TOO GROOVY!!!

Certainly a great artist, and even better cause he digs Beale Street!!

later,
FOZ

Jackie

Reaction score
I'm your Trash Heap! Awwwwww :smile: You're my lost and confused Fraggle! LOL!!! FRYMYHIDE!