Animalia voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

After getting the first 20 Animalia episodes on DVD, I’m making Animalia today’s V/A focus. This beautifully animated CGI series from Australia was based off the famous book created by Graeme Base about a kingdom of talking and civilized animals. The TV series was developed by Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Histeria creator, Tom Ruegger. And it features both U.S. and Australian voice artists. I recommend checking out this series. It’s become one of my top ten favorite cartoon series.

BROOKE MIKEY ANDERSON: Alex
KATIE LEIGH: Zoe, Fushia Fox, Snipsy Alligator, Echo Elephant
CHRISTOPHER HOBBS: Livingstone Lion, G’Bubu Gorilla, Erno Elephant, Melford Mouse, Stanley the Librarian
ROBERT M. KLEIN: Iggy D’Iguana, Horble Hog, Zed Zebra, Rumbold Rhino, Toucans
PETA JOHNSON: Reenie Rhino, Elni Elephant, Zee Zebra, Bitsy Alligator, Whim Unicorn, Hope and Harmony Hog, Toucans
DEAN O’GORMAN: Tyrannicus Tiger, Herry Hog
KATE HIGGINS: Allegra Alligator, Melba Micely
JOEY LOTSKO: The Creeper

Drtooth

Reaction score
That was a nice little show I like say three times. When I finally found it, I found it on the Digital channel PBS kids. I quite enjoyed it, especially G'Bubu and that Tyrannicus character. But then our boneheaded PBS kids station changed format, and kicked it off it's 5 PM Saturday/Sunday slot. Now they have all these odd choices for Kid's programming on the network and I'm missing me some Animalia.

I REALLY liked the musical episode. And the one where everyone got stuck in their rhymes. Brilliant little piece about literary technique.

Xerus

Reaction score
That was a nice little show I like say three times. When I finally found it, I found it on the Digital channel PBS kids. I quite enjoyed it, especially G'Bubu and that Tyrannicus character. But then our boneheaded PBS kids station changed format, and kicked it off it's 5 PM Saturday/Sunday slot. Now they have all these odd choices for Kid's programming on the network and I'm missing me some Animalia.

I REALLY liked the musical episode. And the one where everyone got stuck in their rhymes. Brilliant little piece about literary technique.
I too was mad at my local PBS station when they removed Animalia from their schedule without finishing off the series. And I heard that some PBS stations never aired it at all. It was a very under-appreciated series and should've been given more of a chance.

I heard that people had a real problem with episode 2 where The Core malfunctioned all the Animalians suddenly reverted back to their primitive feral forms. And the friendly Livingstone changed into a roaring hungry lion who wanted to eat Alex and Zoe. People thought that episode was way too scary for little kids. It kind of reminded me of the scary classic Sesame Street.

Yeah, Tyrannicus did remind me of Scar from The Lion King and I also like G'Bubu's sidekick Iggy who said and did a lot of funny things on the show and Melford Mouse who starts out serious when he does the news and then goes crazy.

If you keep checking eBay, you might be able to find some Animalia DVDs like I did. But you should make sure they're in English first and check the region number to see if they can play on your DVD players.

Here's the official Animalia website where you get to see the characters and play some games.

http://www.animalia.tv/

Drtooth

Reaction score
My actual PBS station never aired it at all until they had the digital PBS Kids channel addendum. And even then it was a one season thing. They've since reformatted and have such odd choices. And the kid's programming apparently stops at 3 o'clock now. Not too thrilled. It's such a wasted potential in that channel.

I've seen SOME DVD of Animalia somewhere. English, region one that is. Might have been at TRU. Really, it is a very snappy little show, and vastly underrated.

Xerus

Reaction score
I suggest checking out the original Animalia book that started the TV series. It's basically an alphabet book with beautiful paintings and fun tongue twisters for each letter. The animals look just like the characters from the show and there are lots of things to look for in the backgrounds. Plus a boy, who looks like Alex but is actually creator Graeme Base as a kid, is always hiding somewhere in each painting just like, "Where's Waldo?"

I think Graeme Base is a very talented artist and each painting must have taken a long time and a lot of patience to create.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animalia_(book)