Animal in the Mastercard commercial

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, today was the first time I saw the Mastercard commercial on TV. Up until now, I've only seen it at the MSNBC website. I liked seeing it on TV because of the brighter colors and the text was easier to read. I just have one complaint. Who the heck did Animal's voice? He didn't sound right at all. When I heard that "drive fast" quote on the version on the website, I thought it was a generic Anything Muppet. I was surprised to find that it was indeed Animal. Was that Eric Jacobson? If so, it's surprising. His Piggy is almost perfect. His Fozzie might need a little work, but it's alright. But as for Animal.... Hmmm. It also might have been Martin P. Robinson, since he sort of sounded like Telly Monster. Anyway, whoever did that voice really needs to improve on that. I'm not trying to insult Eric or Martin or whoever it was. Just stating my opinion.

Ryan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was Peter Linz or Drew Massey. Yeah, you're right. It was pretty bad. But I'd give it time....I'm sure he'll get it. Also, I was worried about John's Fozzie, but after I saw the BreakTV clip of behind the scenes of IAVMMCM, I changed my mind. Sounds much better there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought Animal was fine. Not the same, but close enough. Hmmmm

Gonzo

Reaction score
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times:

If we can get used to Steve Whitmire's Kermit and Ernie, we can get used to anything...

I'd rather have the characters continue on than have them retired when the performers do. Retire.

Quinnnnnnnnn

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
I'm pretty sure it was Peter Linz or Drew Massey. Yeah, you're right. It was pretty bad. But I'd give it time....I'm sure he'll get it. Also, I was worried about John's Fozzie, but after I saw the BreakTV clip of behind the scenes of IAVMMCM, I changed my mind. Sounds much better there.
Just out of curiosity, what made you think it was one of those two performers? I'm relatively sure that neither of them even worked on the commercial. Drew works out of L.A. so I think it's rare that he works on any Muppet production that films on the east coast.

Also as far as Fozzie goes, unless things have changed, Eric has taken over the character. I don't think John is the designated performer anymore.
-Artie

Gonzo

Reaction score
Would the performers even have to have been there? Could they have just looped the voices, or has Eric definitively taken over Fozzie now?

MAN, my grammar's bad after eating 20 lbs of food...

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Ryan, you said that it was John Kennedy not Eric Jacobson who did Fozzie. Do you know that for sure, or is it just a guess? I think Fozzie sounds okay, just a bit deeper than Frank's. Also,

Artie, I see what you're saying. I've also seen the preview for the Christmas movie and Fozzie does sound better than in the Mastercard commercial.

Quinn, I also understand what you're saying. It is better to continue characters with new voices rather than to retire them, but in the case with Animal, they should have at least got a different guy to do the voice or something.

I think what they should do are test pilots. They should maybe preview how characters sound in the movies or commercials or whatever and if the voices sound good enough then they should put it on the air. If not, they should try to redo it with different performers. Just a suggestion.

Again, I have no problem with Steve Whitemire's Kermit or Ernie. He's really gotten good at it over the years. I guess with in time whoever it is performing Fozzie and Animal will get better as well.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I saw the mastercard commercial and i think i could do a better animal voice

Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't know how much Steve's Kermit and Ernie have gotten BETTER versus that we've GOTTEN USED to how they sound now. If you listen to him voicing Kermit in "A Muppet Christmas Carol," it's very similar to how he is now...not much change in the last decade or so.

Quinnnnnnnnnn