Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

WAYMOND

Reaction score
I sure hope this is not true! I could think of 10 other actors that could do a better job!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh stop already..
Thanks! I agree!

There was a time earlier this year when fans were crying out for a new Muppet movie. Now we've got one and many fans are unhappy with what A-list actors would be better than this A-list actor to provide the traditional cameos.

I have enjoyed Jolie even before she appeared in Gia (a tv movie that resulted in her Golden Globe). She was the best thing about the cheesy Hackers movie. Even with close-cropped hair she had something that made her stand out from the rest of the cast. She's also an Oscar winner (of course that means a little less these days) that has continued to land roles and also get large audiences to see them.

I think she can likely hold her own with the Muppets better than most actors and I hope a little of her box office magic touch rubs off on this film! :smile:

WAYMOND

Reaction score
Sure, she has done well in other movies. I give her alot of credit... She can sell tickets and make headlines. But most of her success recently has been because she sells sex! For example, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Beowolf, and Wanted all feature her as a sex symbol. As an adult male, I like to see her in these roles, but as a father, I don't think her recent roles are suitable for my child!

I agree that we should be very very happy to see that another Muppet movie is finally in the works. Its' about time! it's also important to note that this films' box office success will determine future productions. But is associating an actor with such a "sexy image" a great idea for a Muppet film? Will that attract or repell parents who may want to bring their kids to the new film? I realize that Muppet films are for adults as much as they are for kids, but I don't want to SEX-UP the Muppets just to get butts in the seat and sell tickets.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I don't think the new muppet movie will be made in the same vein as WANTED - Waymond...

Jolie is also a mother, a humanitarian and a darn good actress. I, for one, look forward to her involvement.

Also, by your thinking, I suppose they shouldn't cast Miss Piggy in the new muppet film as she is considered a sex symbol in her own right.?.?.?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, Raquel Welch was, to quote Kermit the Frog, "one of the sexiest ladies alive," and she worked with the Muppets. The Muppets are not specifically for children. They're for everyone! The Muppets have always worked with "sex symbols" and have used innuendos and some racy humor... even occasional profanity. And I'm sure there's a lot more to Angelina Jolie than just being "sexy".

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
It's just the Internet all together anymore and message boards people have become ignorant and overly cynical about everything and all they ever seem to do to people who reach out to them is complain and never give any good back.
Now I'm not saying everyone that would be wrong of me and I've even done it myself at times but seriously we need to step back and look at what we're doing.
I've seen TV series be canceled because all fans did was complain to the company without any positives being given at all.

WAYMOND

Reaction score
Ok Ok. We've obviously have different views on the matter. I'm not going to change your mind and vice versa. If everyone here is fine with her being apart of this movie, OK but I just don't have to be fine with it. This is just one fan's opinion. I thought this was an open forum where all Muppet fans could voice their opinion and share ideas! Some my call my comments cynical, but I guess that's really a matter of your point of view. I can be a Muppet fan without being a Jolie fan! I also have not attacked anyone here for your point of view. My opinion has been stated in a very dignified manner. I'm not calling for the utter destruction of the entire Muppet universe because Jolie is being considered for this picture. However, I do reserve the right to voice whether or not I agree with the idea.

I'm going to support anything Henson, so I'll be sure to see whatever version is produced.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Um...who said Jolie was going to sex up the new Muppet film? She didn't sex up "The Good Shepherd", "Beyond Borders" or "Kung Fu Panda" so I don't think she'd do much in this Muppet film. And even so, the Muppets have had some cheeky moments with guest stars!

:smile: Learn your Muppet history! :wink:

Someone should start a thread of cheeky Muppet moments. Again, that's not what this film would particularly contain. Seriously, this happens a lot these days. Some people just create a notion, solidify it in their head and consider it as fact to complain about. I don't get it! :confused:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Jamie, you've inspired me. Cheeky Muppet Moments, what a thread that'll make!

Ok Ok. We've obviously have different views on the matter. I'm not going to change your mind and vice versa. If everyone here is fine with her being apart of this movie, OK but I just don't have to be fine with it. This is just one fan's opinion. I thought this was an open forum where all Muppet fans could voice their opinion and share ideas! Some my call my comments cynical, but I guess that's really a matter of your point of view. I can be a Muppet fan without being a Jolie fan! I also have not attacked anyone here for your point of view. My opinion has been stated in a very dignified manner. I'm not calling for the utter destruction of the entire Muppet universe because Jolie is being considered for this picture. However, I do reserve the right to voice whether or not I agree with the idea.

I'm going to support anything Henson, so I'll be sure to see whatever version is produced.
I apologize if you felt we were "attacking" your opinion. With my post, at least, I was just stating facts. I want you to understand my point of view on the matter. The Muppets have never been for kids. The writers just write what amuses them, and that's what makes them so great. That was my only point.

I'm not that big an Angelina Jolie fan either, but I do like her to some degree. I also think she would work well with the Muppets.