...And what are YOU doing this Summer?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem

Vacation wise, my mom and brother and I will either be flying to WDW or Hollywood (my dad is not a fan of those kind of places). If it is Hollywood, we may hit WDW sometime when I'm on winter break next year. Either way, I am super excited because a)I love WDW and b) I've never been to CA, let alone Hollywood.
My ever bias WDW-loving slant aside, I would definitely recommend going to Disney over Hollywood. Hollywood has to be one of the seediest places I've ever been to (short of a few places in my great state of Florida..:boo: ). Aside from the Mann's, its just really dirty and unappealing. All that glitzy glammy crap they show for movie opennings and stuff totally gives people the wrong impression of the area.

If you are opting for Cali. anyway, get down to San Fran. Go to Alcatraz (at least the dirt there is warrented). Also, get up to LA and check out the WB studios. And of course, DISNEYLAND! (Couldn't resist :smile:)

-Matt

muppet_dk

Reaction score
My summer vaction starts the June 19. I haven't planed that much yet but some of the things that I'am going to do are.

See "The Orginal Local Blues Brothers Band" outdoor concert in Kilden, Ålborg, I go there every year it's free and very entertaining.

Beside that I hope that my Temp office have some work for me, so that I can earn some money (to buy muppet stuff with:smile: ) So I'am counting on that takes must of my time this summer.
And like last year at least one week where I don't have anything to do other than to relax and enjoy, hopefully, a great summer. And maybe also get a little drunk from time to time :stick_out_tongue:

That's about it for me.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
How I'll Spend My Summer Vacation

My last final is tomorrow, so I'll be taking that whilst and at the same time moving out of my dorm room. It's going to be just me and my mom doing the moving since Dad's in Conneticutt, so wish us luck.

Kind of immediately following when I get back home, my folks are taking me out to dinner this coming Saturday. It's kind of a belated birthday present since I wasn't able to get home to celebrate my birthday with my family. Plus my little brother is going to prom, so that gets him out of my hair :big_grin:

My main task this summer will be looking for employment. Mom's made it pretty **** clear she wants me to get a job. I'd like to get one too; it's just that my choices are very limited. For one, my brother is taking classes at the nearby community college which means he'll have the car and I'll be restricted to looking in my hometown for work. Secondly I have very bad feet, and if I walk or stand on them for too long they start to hurt - BAD. I mean, the pain shoots up into my calves and then my knees it gets so bad. So that leaves out any jobs where I'd be standing for a majority of the time. Right now I've got an application for the public library that I'm going to send after I get back home, but that's about the only lead I have.

If I don't get a job, I suspect I'll be spending this summer the same way I spent the last one: walking in the mornings, doing housework and otherwise having the house to myself (not counting the dog and cats).

-Kim

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, in July I have to get a job, and I finally get my permit. So, I'll probably spend half of my summer goofing off, then the other half working and driving.

It's not as exciting as some of yours.

Oh! But, that reminds me. Around August, I'm supposed to be doing another Puppet show in Hammondsport. That'll be fun. We're doing a three little pigs theme with my four main characters dressed up as pigs (the one was too lazy to remember for the original story).

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I think the last day of exams are June 13 (although I can't remember when my exams are scheduled). I really have no major plans for the summer, besides work. A lot (5 days a week from 9-5. Ugh).

However, on June 20 I'm going to go to my local Barnes & Noble store and wait for the next Harry Potter book. Yeah, it's very geeky, but it will be fun!

And I might end up going down to the Cincinnati Zoo. Because I like zoos.

Other than that, I'll be working. Forever.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Well i for one finish school this Friday, except I have to go in and out and do those pesky little GCSE things.

But after that's over, sometime in the middle of June, I'm simply going to wake up late, have lunch at one, go to the beach at two, return home at about eight, eat, shower and by nine, hopefully i can go out with my friends.

That's my plan for each day of the week, except knowing my mum she'll probably make me change my whole routine and get a summer job, clean my room once a week etc...

But hopefully i plan on just hanging with my friends, go to the beach, finish my Muppet Movie, which by the way i've already started and finish decorating my Muppet Room, by that i mean add shelves, put posters, display all the figures nicley.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Other than that, I'll be working. Forever.
i believe that's what everyone says!

i'll be hopefully working, taking some summer classes, running, seeing movies, and that's about it....i need to get a life though!.....

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
at least you get paid...I do 7 hours of work a day, for free..

next year I'll get a job!

Sarah

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
ahh Summer, the REAL "most wonderful time of the year"!;-)

well seeing i'm about to finsh my first year of college, this will be the first summer in which i get THREE FULL MONTHS AND A HALF OFF! I've already registered for my classes next year cause i don't want to think of school till September! May 15th i'm done and OUT!

Now Ever since i was a lad, i ALWAYS start mt summer with that famous Plucky Duck line on that i'll "vast the whole 12 weeks away in front of the boob tube!!!!" But i'm getting MORE then that!!! hahaha! not that i'm really gonna do that, i just like saying it, but I do always watch my Tiny Toon's How I spent my summer vacation video right when school ends!

Okay beside for that little weird intro I just did, I do finanly plan to take driving classes this summer, I got my permit last June so now I plan to use it, although I wish I could go the rest of my life without driving....ok well anyways, June 3rd is my birthday...I plan on turing 20 years old, well not really plan, it's kinda just one of those things that "just happens".

I'd like to buy a new bike cause i LOVE bike riding and i plan to spend a lot of time at my specail parks and ponds as i always do watching for ducks and snapping turtles and stuff. it's fun to have picnics with my friends and my younger brother.

All of us plan to have a field day in which we buy lots of junk and stuff and play games with junky funny prizes and stuff, games such as, toy boat racing, sacverger hunts, crustation collecting,
"cray fish, the one team that catches the most in a time limit wins, then we let them all go" water balloon fights, swiming and stuff. It will be field day 2 this year cause we had one last July the 15th so we might have it again on that date, we even made a flag last year that we will hag up on a pole at one of the parks we go to againg this year.

then at the end of Summer:sympathy: I don't wanna talk about the end of summer before it starts, but that last week of August my family, even my (older bro!) will be spending a little more then a week in Las Vegas we are flying there then and we will even drive up to HOLLYWOOD for a few days! so it's a GREAT way to end the summer!!

so yeah, bike riding & spending times at ponds and stuff, working at the pizza place, getting a season pass to Six Flags (and goning almost weekly) my driving junk:rolleyes: the Big family trip and then little stuff like late night muppet message boards, video games, tv drawing, and pulling outta this world pranks at the pizza place sums up my summer!:smile:

All i have to do is attack two more math tests, finsh up a quick little paper for english, go threw a few more dull, (but nice teacher) drawing class, one last Sociaolgy test and a quick english presentation on one of the papers we wrote this year and then i'll ride that mine cart to freedom at last!!! ahahaha!

Zack)Rowlf the, and the whole, THE WHOLE mountain blew SKY HIGH!HAHAHA!Dog.:zany: :crazy:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
However, on June 20 I'm going to go to my local Barnes & Noble store and wait for the next Harry Potter book. Yeah, it's very geeky, but it will be fun!
Excellent!! And in no way geeky!:smile:

Originally posted by Zack but I do always watch my Tiny Toon's How I spent my summer vacation video right when school ends!
Excellent!! Best summer movie ever! I assume you sing along because that's the best part!:smile: