And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know, but I still follow him on Facebook and deviantART: his stuff is always hilarious.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had that problem in the past with certain sites. Like SS.org's video site? Never worked on my old computer. Never. Which is why I always waited until they posted the clips on their YouTube channel, or until someone like Oscarfan or somebody else posted them.

Same with blip.tv: again, I was urged by MrsPepper to move my YouTube content over to them for a better audience (and for monetization), but it never worked on my old computer . . . and now it no longer exists, so much for that, lol.

Even the old TGWTG site - same deal, I could never watch the videos on their site, so I basically just watched random, lower-quality reuploads on YouTube.

But as for TP . . . TP just never really caught onto my radar, so-to-speak. It's not that I ever had anything against it, I just never really regarded it as a community-based site like I did MC; for me, TP was mainly for reading articles and reviews, and MC was mainly for connecting with other Muppet Freaks. And even so, I only read TP articles or reviews when one peaks my interest - the whole Trump being the Anti-Henson thing has been the only article I've read in a long time. I do miss when Chris Smigliano did that comic strip for them, I forget what it was called, but it involved those two guys who became roommates, and one was a bigger Muppet Freak than the other, and sometimes his collection of and obsession with the Muppets kinda got on his roomy's nerves sometimes.
What's TGWTG?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Tough Pigs tended to rub me the wrong way too. I attended an event they hosted in Manhattan two years ago. They seem to pride themselves on the fact they know more Muppet goings-on than anybody else. But they come off with an arrogant, hipper-than-thou attitude, and anyone who doesn't conform to their (sometimes) narrow-minded expectations can't be part of their little club.

I'm too old for that crap anyway. If I didn't have time for that in high school, I certainly don't have time for that now.

The only other telling thing about them, back in 2009 I got to meet Fran Brill. It was a genuine honor to meet her, I got an autograph and a few pictures with her, but she asked me "You're not one of those Tough Pigs people, are you?"
When I assured her I wasn't, she was a lot more at ease with me, and really opened up.

It seemed in '09, when Sesame turned 40 and anyone connected with Sesame was more visible to the public, she got stalked quite a bit.

It's nice to appreciate the work any Muppeteer does, but not at the expense of their privacy. They deserve to have a life too.

So I'm not part of the clique. Tough crap, Tough Pigs.
i so agree with you 100%, hey i like the muppets too, but not to point of stalking the muppeteers. personally, i think that tough pigs are full of themselves, i think that they are nothing but a group of arrogant hipsters, who one day after purchasing a lot of Muppet merchandise from the thrift store, including Muppet items that were before their time, trying to be trendy, and in the process, decide to place an fan site on the web. and i think that they are a disgrace to all Muppet fans, you don't turn away a fellow Muppet fan, just because you don't agree with their choices. one thing that the muppets taught me , is to respect the opinions of others, tough pigs obviously did not learn that lesson.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Trump is meeting with the Pope today, and I said previously, my prayer is that Pope Francis will open Trump's eyes to the un-Christlike behavior he and his supports engage in everyday . . . but knowing how thin-skinned and thick-skulled he is, I'm doubtful the meeting will have any kind of impact on him whatsoever.